Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horrable Radio Show

Horrable Radio Show

Ok....this is mostly a gripe fest. But Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio might qualify as one of the radio shows ever.

This morning included a 10 minute conversation about how one Mike could prove that the other Mike couldn't stop thinking about him. Very creepy.

A week or so ago the show had a running conversation about a 'bedazzeled' sweatshirt.

Horrable show.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Horrable Radio Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Ok....this is mostly a gripe fest. But Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio might qualify as one of the radio shows ever.

This morning included a 10 minute conversation about how one Mike could prove that the other Mike couldn't stop thinking about him. Very creepy.

A week or so ago the show had a running conversation about a 'bedazzeled' sweatshirt.

Horrable show.

As bad as it is, it's better than the Big Dog Tim Lewis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Just to reassure you that the grass isn't always greener, the Fox Sports Radio morning show isn't much more relevant than what you described.

We don't have a local ESPN Radio affiliate here, but I listen to it sometimes on XM. I prefer some of the shows on ESPN to their counterparts on Fox.
    /r/reds

I hear promos for Mike & Mike all the time, and never once have I heard one that made me say "That sounds interesting, I'd like to listen to that show." So I haven't.

Maybe I'm way off but I've noticed a resemblance between:

and

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Eh, it could be worse. I listen to it while taking the kids to school, long enough to get my morning sports-news fix. I usually don't turn it on my XM when I get home, though, unless they have a guest coming up I want to hear like Gammons or Mortensen.

The bedazzled thing was silly but at least it had a plausible origin: Greenberg lost a bet and had to wear a Patriots jersey (he's a Jets fan) on the show (it's simulcast on TV). It was a Mike Vrabel #50, and apparently Vrabel's wife took it upon herself to use that cheezy "bedazzler" tool to make it a sequined #50 jersey. Greenberg looked ridiculous, which was the point, I guess.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    As bad as it is, it's better than the Big Dog Tim Lewis.
    Agreed. I'm just waiting until they can him and replace him with Marc Amazon.

Yes, Lt, I agree it is a HORRIBLE () show.

ooh, one is a big dumb football player and the other is a skinny little metrosexual nerd... THEY'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    ooh, one is a big dumb football player and the other is a skinny little metrosexual nerd... THEY'RE DIFFERENT AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM GREAT.
    Jack Klugman and Tony Randal were way better.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't listen to them because they are too focused on New York sports, Notre Dame, and uh do they talk about anything else? I do like Colin Cowherd, so I do catch portions of Mike and Mike while waiting for Cowherd.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't listen to them because they are too focused on New York sports, Notre Dame, and uh do they talk about anything else? I do like Colin Cowherd, so I do catch portions of Mike and Mike while waiting for Cowherd.
    They talk about... HOW DIFFERENT THEY ARE AND HOW THAT MAKES THEM VERY FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I can't stand Colin Cowherd but I don't mind M&M.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Cowherd is about the best they have to offer since Dan Patrick left. He's articulate, thinking and while I often don't agree with him, he presents his throughts in an entertaining and straight-forward way.

Mike and Mike. Pablum with zero content except two guys who love to say, "ohhhhh Mike.....yes Greenie.....".

Mostly I hear them when waiting for Cowherd.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I'm a big Colin Cowherd fan, I think he's hilarious. He presents himself as such a pompous *** but he lets you know he thinks that he is one too. It makes for entertaining radio.

I enjoy Cowherd alot, infact I think he is the best thing on sports talk radio. Mike and Mike are ok but a little bit goes a long way and its more for a quick 10 minute listen here and there, they cover basically the same subject over and over. Mike Tirico is just awful in the afternoon slot.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?