Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes is back

Re: Heroes is back

The episode was a bit of a let down, IMO. Hopefully, as it has been said, that is due to wrapping up last year and introducing new characters. Still, an improvement is in order.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think the problem with the episode was that the Maya and Alejandro story line is just getting started. It was previewed in the graphic novel this week. It took up a lot of time in the show and we still don't know exactly what power either one of them has. We just know they want to get to NY to meet Mohinder.

The high school kid's power is interesting in that I think it's the first time we've seen someone who has the same power as another character.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I thought it was a good episode. This show is always a little all over the place.
    I agree with an earlier post that Journeyman was really good though. That one is already in the auto record so I don't miss it.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Well I thought it looked promising. Glad that the show is back.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think the problem with the episode was that the Maya and Alejandro story line is just getting started. It was previewed in the graphic novel this week. It took up a lot of time in the show and we still don't know exactly what power either one of them has. We just know they want to get to NY to meet Mohinder.

The high school kid's power is interesting in that I think it's the first time we've seen someone who has the same power as another character.
    Maya did make everyone on the truck's eyes bleed, killing them instantly. I am not sure Alejandro has a power, I thought of his role as the guardian, although the running for 80,000 miles might mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    Maya did make everyone on the truck's eyes bleed, killing them instantly. I am not sure Alejandro has a power, I thought of his role as the guardian, although the running for 80,000 miles might mean something.
    I don't know if making eyes bleed is enough to kill someone. I think the bleeding eyes are merely a symptom of something else. The online graphic novel seems to imply that Maya is the carrier of some kind of plague. It may be that she's the vector that causes whatever disease Molly and Mohinder's sister had to jump to the general population. Maybe Alejandro is like Mohinder and has a natural immunity to the disease.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

My DVR was still set from last season, so I got to watch the episode last night. I hope we're not left wondering about George Takei's power.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I don't know if making eyes bleed is enough to kill someone. I think the bleeding eyes are merely a symptom of something else. The online graphic novel seems to imply that Maya is the carrier of some kind of plague. It may be that she's the vector that causes whatever disease Molly and Mohinder's sister had to jump to the general population. Maybe Alejandro is like Mohinder and has a natural immunity to the disease.
    Agreed regarding a symptom of something else. It reminded me of the Fifth Element whenever Zorg talked to the shadow.

Interesting thought on the virus, but I think it is more likely a high frequency that she sent out when she lost control that overloaded the brains.

Think she's who Molly's really dreaming about? I assumed it was foreshadowing Siler still being alive, but eyes were prominently featured in the drawings and the results of Maya's "power".

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    Think she's who Molly's really dreaming about? I assumed it was foreshadowing Siler still being alive, but eyes were prominently featured in the drawings and the results of Maya's "power".
    I don't think so because in her dream you could hear a man's voice saying "I can see you".

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    It's the guy they mentioned at the end of season 1. He can see her if she looks for him and is supposed to be much more dangerous than Syler.

Wow. Just noticed that there weren't any comments on last weeks show on here and tonight is another one! Have you all given up on the show so quickly??!! I thought last weeks episode was great! Learned that there were heroes or people "evolving" back in the 1400's "Tekeio Kensei"! Not sure about the spelling....
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Heck no, I've not given up on the show.
    I am still convinced Hiro is going to meet his dad in the 1400s, though that chance is looking slimmer and slimmer all the time.

Heroes is a good show...but how they explain Syler or where he is is going to be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    Heroes is a good show...but how they explain Syler or where he is is going to be interesting
    I am stoked to see the return of Sylar tonight! I know he's the "bad guy" but still...
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Turn Off Ads?