Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jericho Fans

You're Welcome

Re: Jericho Fans

I believe it was 7 episodes.

And the ratings are a huge disappointment. Me? I tend to believe that this is what CBS gets for their scheduling ineptitude (Big Brother in the 9pm slot is doing even crappier ratings than Jericho at 10pm, and the two aren't even close to compatible shows on top of that). But as a fan, I've talked to others who blame the "re-tooling" mentioned above as the reason why there are fewer fans, claiming the new tone is alienating old viewers.

I'm not denying the "re-tooling" is real; it is. But to me, it's the furthest thing from a Bad Thing. Six or seven weeks into the first season, the show had a choice to devolve into trite, small town soap opera nonsense, or get a little edgier. They chose to get edgier, and I likey. The first two shows of the new season are just the combination of that evolution *and* the fact that they are concentrating probably 13 weeks of ideas into 7.

I think the test on this issue is simple. Ask yourself, "After the first season, who was the coolest, most interesting character?".... if you say "Hawkins," then you love the "re-tooling." If you said anybody else? Eh, maybe not so much.

We may be in for only five more weeks of it, but while it lasts, I say bring me the layers and the conspiracy and the stuff-I-have-to-think-about-to-figure-out. Lord knows that Farmboy and IRS Lady supply more than enough of the old Small Town Charm to keep the show honest to its roots, so let's keep the creepy new American Flag and revisionist history textbooks and whatnot coming....

Rick

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, not good news for us Jericho fans. It looks like that CBS has decided to cancel the series, again. There are some rumors of finding another network to pick it up as the conclusion episode does leave some holes, but not sounding very likely.

The series finale will be pretty action-packed according to insiders, so at least it will go out with a bang. Just sucks as a fan because we continually see good quality programming go down every year in favor of some of the mindless drivel we see every night on today's networks.

http://www.showbuzz.cbsnews.com/stor...n3958376.shtml

I absolutely love this show, but have never liked following shows that continue from one week to the next. I don't like the obligation of having to watch every episode to keep up. So, even though I love this one, I don't want it to go on for years and years.

On the other hand, I don't like that I have invested this much time in it and now may not get to have closure, and that stinks. They may say that they do enough in the last episode to wrap it up, but I don't think they can do that in one more hour.

My preference would have been for it to end after this season, but give it enough episodes to fully tell the complete story.

SciFi has just finished carrying the complete first season. Maybe they could be the network to show a third season as new episodes?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    On the other hand, I don't like that I have invested this much time in it and now may not get to have closure, and that stinks. They may say that they do enough in the last episode to wrap it up, but I don't think they can do that in one more hour.

My preference would have been for it to end after this season, but give it enough episodes to fully tell the complete story.
    I suspect that the finale will bring enough closure to be satisfying. Surely the producers had an inkling after the first cancellation that this could be the last season.

SciFi has just finished carrying the complete first season. Maybe they could be the network to show a third season as new episodes?
    The problem with that notion is the same issue that the show Journeyman has... networks almost never release the rights to shows they've cancelled anymore. Programming a network is an ego-driven business and programming executives realize they would look like fools if they release a show to a competitor that turns out to be a hit.

The last show that a network released the rights it had purchased to a competitor was a peculiar little procedural crime drama with dim lighting. You may have heard of it... CSI. That decision didn't turn out so well for ABC.
    /r/reds

I think Jericho would have been better served as a 3-5 part mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I suspect that the finale will bring enough closure to be satisfying. Surely the producers had an inkling after the first cancellation that this could be the last season.
    They actually filmed two different season finales, one a series conclusion and the other a cliffhanger that leads into season 3. Rumors have it that although the episode that they are showing Tuesday concludes the series, it does leave open enough holes that a new season could be written from it.

The problem with that notion is the same issue that the show Journeyman has... networks almost never release the rights to shows they've cancelled anymore. Programming a network is an ego-driven business and programming executives realize they would look like fools if they release a show to a competitor that turns out to be a hit.
    I've been following this for a while now and the creator of the series has stated that CBS is allowing them to shop the series around to another network. The problem with it is that most of the smaller networks, like Sci-Fi and USA, cannot take on the cost of such a series as Jericho. It has already been rumored that Sci-Fi has turned it down and that they are discussing coming up with a similar series of their own.

Turn Off Ads?