Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy slams reporter

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy slams reporter

For those who haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmb...elated&search=

What'd you think about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy slams reporter

I think it's great that the coach did that. I mean, any time a newspaper gets facts wrong, they deserve a lot of trouble, in my opinion. If my job is to make sure an airplane is safe to be flown or if my job is to make sure a hammer were constructed correctly, I would be in trouble if I didn't do my job correctly. In some cases, I would even be fired. The job of a writer and editor is to write facts, and if they wrote fiction, they deserve punishment. There are too many unknown details, but if the writer of that article just made guesses, he/she deserves to be fired.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Back in the late 90s when earned my paycheck via big media, the a front page cover of the Columbia Journalism Review called the Daily Oklahoman - where the columnist in question works - the worst newspaper in America. It was for a litany of reasons, but quality and journalistic integrity were certanily among them.

Took me a while, but I was able to dig up the article.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...01/ai_n8828320

Seems like the column on OSU's QB situation was right in line with the Daily Oklahoman's reputation. I personally find the continual quoting of unnamed sources in sports media is cowardly journalism at its finest. And it seems to be getting worse.

The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Turn Off Ads?