Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ichiro vs. Dunn

Re: Ichiro vs. Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what the stat "RC/9" (runs created per 9 innings) formulates. They're pretty close, but Dunn has the edge...

Dunn: 7.8 RC/9 in 2007; 7.3 RC/9 for his career.
    Ichiro: 7.1 RC/9 in 2007; 6.7 RC/9 for his career.

As you can see, a lineup full of Dunn's would theortically score more runs than a lineup of Ichiros. Personally, I'd probably rather have Dunn, although Ichiro's superior speed and defense would be nice to have.
    The line up of Dunns would score more runs yearly but which would do it more consistently.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMightWin View Post
    The line up of Dunns would score more runs yearly but which would do it more consistently.
    The lineup of Ichiros. I just think that a lineup of Dunns would get 40,000 people in the crowd every night. They would still score more. I like total runs compared to consistency.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    The lineup of Ichiros. I just think that a lineup of Dunns would get 40,000 people in the crowd every night. They would still score more. I like total runs compared to consistency.
    ill take the consistency over a few more runs a year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMightWin View Post
    ill take the consistency over a few more runs a year.
    I'll defenitly take both though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

If you're starting a team and all current players are available, Ichiro would be selected before dunn everytime. Or at least he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    If you're starting a team and all current players are available, Ichiro would be selected before dunn everytime. Or at least he should be.
    Why?

Dunn-27
    Ichiro-33

Dunn- 13 mil option
    Ichiro-18ish mil through the end of time... (yes I kid)

and seeing the other stats produced by various people in this thread its a lot closer than you might think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Why?

Dunn-27
    Ichiro-33

Dunn- 13 mil option

and seeing the other stats produced by various people in this thread its a lot closer than you might think.

double post
    Last edited by Slyder; 09-28-2007 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    If Ichiro wanted to he could hit 45 homers a season. He has that kind of ability. I guess he would probably hit like Adam Dunn if he were to try though.
    If he could do that, he should. That's the whole point of the article. Dunn is more productive than Ichiro, if Ichiro could hit for more power the Mariners would be better off with him doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Why?

Dunn-27
    Ichiro-33

Dunn- 13 mil option

No kidding. Dunn is a better offensive player, Ichiro is far superior defensively. If we disregard contract and age I might choose Ichiro for 2008. If I was starting a franchise and had to choose one for my team, it would be Dunn for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    How? Other than hitting for a higher average, how is Ichiro THAT much of a better hitter than Dunn?
    Well for one, I've never seen Ichiro miss a base.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    That's just unfair. As has been reported, Dunn's knee has been hurting him all season causing him pain when he had to come to a stop when running, which could easily explain that incident.

Total run production is all that matters at the end of the day...everything else is smoke and mirrors. Dunn wins by a nose 151-150.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I've never seen Buck Coats miss a base. Or Jason Ellison. Come to think of it, when's the last time Juan Castro missed a base?

Seriously, if you're going to try and knock a .940 OPS player, come with heavier ammo than a freakin' base-running mistake.

I'm pretty sure the guy was joking around, relax. It was a bonehead mistake.

Turn Off Ads?