Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Henton makes an early bid to join the Bengals?

Antonio Henton makes an early bid to join the Bengals?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:16 AM

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
    Doral Chenoweth III | DISPATCH
    Antonio Henton appears in Franklin County Municipal Court this morning. At left is attorney Tasha Ruth.
    Web extras

Antonio Henton, a third-string quarterback for the Ohio State football team, pleaded not guilty in Franklin County Municipal Court this morning on a misdemeanor charge of soliciting for prostitution.
    Judge Amy Salerno set bail at $2,500. He posted 10 percent of the bail at 1:30 p.m. and is expected to be released this afternoon.
    Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said Henton, 20, was suspended from the team indefinitely and will not travel to Minnesota for Saturday’s game.
    "It's a great disappointment for our Buckeye football family, and we are very concerned for Antonio," Tressel said in a statement. "We want to help him utilize any available resources, including counseling, to deal with any problems and seek solutions. Antonio is keenly aware of the standard we have for ourselves, and that makes this even more disappointing.
    "Antonio will not lose any academic privileges as an Ohio State student, but he will certainly be suspended indefinitely in terms of his athletic privileges. Specifically in the short term, he will not be traveling with us to Minnesota this weekend."
    Tressel said at his weekly luncheon today that Henton likely will remain suspended until his legal situation is resolved.
    "In my opinion right now, nothing changes until I know something," Tressel said. "As always, we defer to the legal process and adjust accordingly."
    Tressel said 21-year-old freshman Joe Bauserman would travel with the team and dress as the third-string quarterback at Minnesota.
    Court records show that he was arrested at N. High Street and 6th Avenue by an undercover policewoman at 8:27 p.m. yesterday.
    He agreed to pay $20 for intercourse, according to the police complaint. A police lieutenant said Henton was arrested as part of an undercover sting by the vice squad.
    Henton didn't say anything in court.
    Henton, a native of Fort Valley, Ga., was a redshirt last season and has played in all four of Ohio State's games in 2007. As a high school senior he was considered one of the nation's top multi-threat quarterbacks because of his running and passing abilities.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Antonio Henton makes an early bid to join the Bengals?

Cruisin' for booty at 8:30 on a Monday night?

20 bucks? Thats a hell of a deal, you can't even get a lap dance at Diamonds for that.

I think we all would have known it was a cop when the 20 dollar price came out.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'm not sure I've heard of a famous person committing a less significant crime lately. While I understand the community's interest in eliminating prostitution, IMO the bail seems excessive for what he did. Hopefully the punishment will be more reasonable if he is convicted.
    /r/reds

My question is, why is he paying for it? He's a backup QB for tOSU. He should have honeys at his beck and call - no pun intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    My question is, why is he paying for it? He's a backup QB for tOSU. He should have honeys at his beck and call - no pun intended.
    Did you see the way he played on Saturday? Cause I'm sure the ladies did...

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

RIP Antonio Henton's Buckeye Career....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    RIP Antonio Henton's Buckeye Career....
    I don't think so. There are definitely worse offenses that have been forgiven that are currently on the team, after spending time in the dog house. Specifically Dukes, Albert.

Henton made a tremendous mistake, but lets not forget that he is a young kid, and he has time to make a mends and move forward. I second the question of "Why?", having spent time around players while in college, I can't understand why he would have to pay for it unless he is an odd bird.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Sometimes I wish sports would adopt a zero tolerance, (if they are truly guilty).
    Sports doesn't need any of these guys, there is long line just waiting to replace any of them from college to the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I think we all would have known it was a cop when the 20 dollar price came out.
    It gets better. I've read tonight that he only had $19 on him.

I disagree with the title of the thread. Several other NFL players have been arrested since the last time a Bengal was arrested. The Bengals cleaned up at the expense of losing to the Browns and Seahawks.

Heck, it happened to Troy Smith.

About cost them the Alamo Bowl.

I think Mr. Henton is now running the straight and narrow.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't think so. There are definitely worse offenses that have been forgiven that are currently on the team, after spending time in the dog house. Specifically Dukes, Albert.

Henton made a tremendous mistake, but lets not forget that he is a young kid, and he has time to make a mends and move forward. I second the question of "Why?", having spent time around players while in college, I can't understand why he would have to pay for it unless he is an odd bird.
    Yeah, if I had a nickel for every time I screwed up when I was 18, I'd have a lot of nickels. And having a now-19 yr. old son, I've been reminded quite strongly of that fact.

Henton will now pay the price of his transgression and get suspended, apologize to coaches, team, and fans, have to earn his way back on the team, etc etc.

The real litmus test will be if he learns his lesson and gets on the straight and narrow. His examples are Troy Smith and Maurice Clarett. Pick one.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

But the real question is, was the cop good lookin'?

Turn Off Ads?