Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to BP

Congrats to BP

This deserves its own thread, if I'm correct, BP is only the 2nd 30/30 second baseman ever? The other was Soriano, who is far far away from being a 2B.

Congrats to Brandon Phillips.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congrats to BP

You are correct, sir. Second 30-30 second bagger ever. Quite a pick-up by WK.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Congratulations to Brandon!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

It should also be noted that Brandon is...

8th in the NL in runs (106) and 7th in Hits (185)
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I'm proud of him too. But I was getting pretty tired at watching him swing for the fences every single time at bat since he hit number 29.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I'm proud of him too. But I was getting pretty tired at watching him swing for the fences every single time at bat since he hit number 29.
    I think we can all agree that BP was thinking about #30 in each AB after he hit #29 on Sept. 12. However, he has a .308 batting average in 13 games since he hit #29 (16-for-52, 13 singles!). He also had 5 multi-hit games in that 13 game stretch (2nd on the team in that period, Hopper 7). Only 2 walks in those 13 games, but he has never been a patient guy (2 walks in the entire month of June and 3 walks in the entire month of Aug).

I too mumbled a few times, "Brandon, quit swinging for #30 and just hit." But when I checked, he seemed to be hitting at about his normal pace.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Just a few more walks and we'll have a real superstar on our hands.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

gotta love the fact that this not only is not on the front page of ESPN.com, but it's not even a listed headline on the mlb page. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    When hasn't he hacked for the homer this season? It's his game.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    When hasn't he hacked for the homer this season? It's his game.
    it wasn't until he hit 29 he started trying to pull everything until he had two strikes, that was really the only difference.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    gotta love the fact that this not only is not on the front page of ESPN.com, but it's not even a listed headline on the mlb page. What a joke.
    Didn't you hear? the yankees made the playoffs again! I mean..that is a story that just can't be topped....
    Go Gators!

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Didn't you hear? the yankees made the playoffs again! I mean..that is a story that just can't be topped....
    Booooo

I just wish the powers that be could recognize that BP is not a cleanup hitter.

Congratulations to Brandon! He's come a long way in 2 years.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post

I just wish the powers that be could recognize that BP is not a cleanup hitter.
    Agreed. And if he's got issues with hitting into double plays, bat him leadoff where he can't do that as much.

Congrats brandon!
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

Turn Off Ads?