Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Wiffle Ball Pitcher

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Amazing Wiffle Ball Pitcher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_rslXAXE6Y

If only he could do this when the ball doesn't have holes in it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Amazing Wiffle Ball Pitcher

I just forwarded that to my son and my brother-in-law. First question is, where do you get one of those strike zone stands? We always play wiffle ball at my wife's folks out in Missouri. My brother in law is good, but not that good.

Senor Votto

The Dice-K of Wiffle Ball.

I would so take that deep.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I just forwarded that to my son and my brother-in-law. First question is, where do you get one of those strike zone stands? We always play wiffle ball at my wife's folks out in Missouri. My brother in law is good, but not that good.
    That just looks like some plastic plumbers pipe, Im sure its homemade.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Was that a Gyro ball?

Meh. His mechanics are all goofy, plus he looks too short. I'd never draft him.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Now that is a juiced ball
    Go Gators!

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I'm no doctor, but that can't be good for your arm.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Meh. His mechanics are all goofy, plus he looks too short. I'd never draft him.
    The Scott Williamson of wiffle ball who is soon due for Tommy John surgery.

My brothers and I use to play alot of wiffle ball in our backyard, but we got hooked on a different backyard game we thought up that used those small wooden "display" bats that teams would occassionally give out to fans, and using those small, plastic golf balls w/ the holes. We played it for years and I really do think it's what helped us improved our mechanics and eye coordination for when we played in the summer leagues.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I had to laugh out loud at some of those wiffle ball hitters. The word dumbfounded came to mind...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

My brothers and I use to play alot of wiffle ball in our backyard, but we got hooked on a different backyard game we thought up that used those small wooden "display" bats that teams would occassionally give out to fans, and using those small, plastic golf balls w/ the holes. We played it for years and I really do think it's what helped us improved our mechanics and eye coordination for when we played in the summer leagues.
    WOY and I used to play wiffle ball in our backyard where the fence was basically at the pitcher's back and there were different values for each hit and no running involved. We threw hard and each had several pitches. At one time I probably had 4-5 different types of curves. Now we weren't as consistent or quite as fast as the guy in the video but the movement was pretty comparable.

Last time I tried to throw one I thought my arm was going to fall off after about 5 minutes.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

And here I thought we were the only ones to do that! Spent hours doing that, GAC. It really helps hand eye coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    That just looks like some plastic plumbers pipe, Im sure its homemade.
    My family starting just putting a lawn chair behind the plate. If it hit the seat back, it was a strike.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    WOY and I used to play wiffle ball in our backyard where the fence was basically at the pitcher's back and there were different values for each hit and no running involved. We threw hard and each had several pitches. At one time I probably had 4-5 different types of curves. Now we weren't as consistent or quite as fast as the guy in the video but the movement was pretty comparable.

Last time I tried to throw one I thought my arm was going to fall off after about 5 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    And here I thought we were the only ones to do that! Spent hours doing that, GAC. It really helps hand eye coordination.
    Yep. Back before there was a thing called video games, the internet, and cable TV, kids use to have to be inventive and play outside.

And we use to come up with some really inventive rules in order to make it more harder and competitive. If you could only round up enough kids in the neighborhood to have 3-man teams then the pitcher was the 1Bman. If you batted LH'd (which my brother did) then you couldn't hit it to right field. Only to left or center. And it was the same for a RH'd batter.

And did any of you guys use "ghost runners" if you got on base and due to the shortage of players?

I know our Mom use to give us alot of heck because of all the grass we were killing and the paths we were wearing out in the backyard.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?