Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I'll be at the game tomorrow. Tuesday is going to be a baaaaaaaaaaaad day at work
    We played it smart this time, took Tuesday off, and got us a hotel room in Cincy.

Win or lose, though, at least we won't have to sit in a sea of Patriots fans like we had with the Cubbies this weekend at GABP.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals v. New England Cheaters --- Monday Night Football --- PBS

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I think that was the game where Irving Fryar was dancing all around the sidelines as the clock was winding down. I never liked him after that.
    Was that the same game the Bengals had stopped the Pats at the goal line and forced a fumble, only to have the ball recovered in the endzone by the Patriots for a touchdown? Things like that always happen to the Bengals...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    The Bengals are 3-0 when wearing the orange jerseys.
    The Bengals are 4-0 in primetime game at PBS under Marvin Lewis.
    1-0 when I have my Carson Palmer jersey on! (And I have it on so let's make it 2-0)

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Go Pats!
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Which offense is gonna find it's rhythm first?

I still say that special teams is gonna play big in this game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I still say that special teams is gonna play in thid game.
    The Bengals punter, Larson, needs to find a day-job. 35-yard efforts aren't acceptable in the NFL (or college!).

Marvin Lewis at his finest.

Stupid challenge IMO. Gonna lose a TO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It was clearly a fumble, and Marvin challenges if it was out of bounds or not.

Just dumb.

Marvin has to be the worst coach I've seen at using his challenges.

But even worse, in all my years watching football, I've never seen another defense that allows as many runs where the RB is never even touched through the line and then there's no DB anywhere around as this year's Bengals. It seems that once they break through the line, they're off to the races.

The Pats are going to put up 40 points here and I don't think the Bengals will put up more than 13.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

this is getting ugly...fast.:thumbdown
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Man they really need to take Marvin Lewis's red flag away. If you can't use it properly, don't use it at all.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

3....3 and outs in a row......so much for a shoot out in the jungle.
    It's more like a homicide in the jungle.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    But even worse, in all my years watching football, I've never seen another defense that allows as many runs where the RB is never even touched through the line and then there's no DB anywhere around as this year's Bengals. It seems that once they break through the line, they're off to the races.
    And a good defense should not need the DBs on a run. They should be there as safety valves. Linebackers should at least be there to plug it up or make the first hit. That first hit or attempted plugging of the gap is not there. Pollack/Thurman are really missed. Picking up other teams nottas (Edwards, Jones) aren't the solution, but whatcha gonna do?

This game is one more good lesson for the Bengals organization and the fans to realize just how far they have to go before they're a truly elite team.

They're not even close.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?