Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A great big bowlful of wrong

A great big bowlful of wrong

Man, watching all those Cubs fans in GAB is more than I can stand.

And watching Welch interviewing them in the stands is about to make me puke.

And having to run this lineup out there when we have a real shot at keeping these punks out of the playoffs is giving me a sportsfan hernia.

This is sad.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A great big bowlful of wrong

You what else is a big bowlful of wrong? Apparently George said that Soriano was a better lead off guy than Rickey Henderson. What a fool.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Oh, George...

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    You what else is a big bowlful of wrong? Apparently George said that Soriano was a better lead off guy than Rickey Henderson. What a fool.

Oh Dear Lord.... kill me now.

Better than Rickey Henderson. The greatest leadoff hitter of all time.

Thanks George. Thanks for sharing that.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Oh Dear Lord.... kill me now.

Better than Rickey Henderson. The greatest leadoff hitter of all time.

Thanks George. Thanks for sharing that.
    WOY said that Chris's reply was "um.... no."
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

I wonder what logic he has for that one
    Go Gators!

It is rather depressing seeing the sea of blue in the stands, instead of a sea of Red.
    It has been said before, but I think it needs said again - I hope Bob and Wayne and perhaps Pete are looking at this, and I hope they are looking at this hard. And I hope the words "never again" are at the forefront of their thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit View Post
    It is rather depressing seeing the sea of blue in the stands, instead of a sea of Red.
    It has been said before, but I think it needs said again - I hope Bob and Wayne and perhaps Pete are looking at this, and I hope they are looking at this hard. And I hope the words "never again" are at the forefront of their thoughts.
    I'm guessing that they are saying "sure glad these Cubs fans showed up to bump attendance."
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Look at it this way:

Say that 10,000 Cubs fans show up for each of the 3 games this weekend. Say they spend an average of only $40 on tickets and concessions each day. That is $1,200,000 extra the Reds will have available to add to next year's payroll. So basically Cubs fans are allowing us to increase our payroll by 2%. Maybe we can use that extra amount to entice a quality reliever to come to Cincy.

Just trying to think positively.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I'm guessing that they are saying "sure glad these Cubs fans showed up to bump attendance."
    This is true.
    Chris talking to a couple of Reds fans who I believe were leaving, because they thought it was "time to get out of Dodge."
    Dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Look at it this way:

Say that 10,000 Cubs fans show up for each of the 3 games this weekend. Say they spend an average of only $40 on tickets and concessions each day. That is $1,200,000 extra the Reds will have available to add to next year's payroll. So basically Cubs fans are allowing us to increase our payroll by 2%. Maybe we can use that extra amount to entice a quality reliever to come to Cincy.

Just trying to think positively.
    That would be great if attendance alone actually drove payroll.

That 1.2 Million's already been spent.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    That would be great if attendance alone actually drove payroll.

That 1.2 Million's already been spent.
    Okay think about it this way:

If not for those Cubs fans who take over GABP, we wouldn't have had the money available to sign someone like Mike Stanton. So the joke is on them.

Wait.... what was the point of this?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I'm only watching this because it's a long, long time from Sunday until Reds baseball again.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Extra innings is great... there are games that matter and less blue on other channels.

I wonder what logic he has for that one
    He hits HR's and steals bags.

Tim Raines and Rickey would eat Soriano's lunch every day he stepped on the field with them, he's good, but not in their league.

BTW, thanks to two decades of mismanagement and no cable TV presence outside of Cincinnati the Reds should be used to the Chop or the Blue Meanies invading their stadium. They created the monster, now they'll have to kill it.

The age of Rooters Row and the fervor of the fans on opposing players in Cincinnati is over, it's ESPN flavored front runner BS, day in and day out... yeech.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Man, watching all those Cubs fans in GAB is more than I can stand.

And watching Welch interviewing them in the stands is about to make me puke.

And having to run this lineup out there when we have a real shot at keeping these punks out of the playoffs is giving me a sportsfan hernia.

This is sad.
    Blow it up, Wayne. Make it the Cubs'.

Turn Off Ads?