Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brain eating amoebae kill people: Didn't we see these things in Star Trek 2?

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Brain eating amoebae kill people: Didn't we see these things in Star Trek 2?

Stick to your guns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Brain eating amoebae kill people: Didn't we see these things in Star Trek 2?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    That's unbelievably creepy. Not that I was ever a big fan of swimming in lakes and streams to begin with (I hate sharing my swimming space with other living creatures)...

For the record, they were brain-controlling bugs in Kahn.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Re: Brain eating amoebae kill people: Didn't we see these things in Star Trek 2?

We need Jim Kirk and some phasers
    Go Gators!

You see, their young enter through the ears and wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the victim extremely susceptible to suggestion. Later, as they ...grow..., follows madness - and death.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

These are pets, of course. Not quite domesticated.
    Go Gators!

And I thought television was the thing that ate my brain. And recreational drugs. It was an amoeba?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    It was an amoeba?

Yup, it's killed 6 times this year. All in hot-weather states. 23 times in the US since 1995.
    Stick to your guns.

That is scary, sad, only consolation is that I can now claim an excuse for the left side of my brain when posting in Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?