Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Adam Dunn want to stay in Cincinnati?

Does Adam Dunn want to stay in Cincinnati?

Talked to Dunn for a little bit. He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself. Also, he said he hopes the Reds pick up his option, he wants to be a Red -- even if people don't want him to be one.

I copied that from C. Trent Rosecrans. Good news for the Reds-It sounds like he not only wants the Reds to pick up the option, it sounds like he hopes there will be an extension. Interesting that he thought people didn't want him to be a Red.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does Adam Dunn want to stay in Cincinnati?

Shouldn't the title of the thread be Adam Dunn wants to stay in Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself.
    Wasn't there a thread earlier where a few suggested this?

I've changed my mind on Adam. He isn't the problem. The problem is the rest of the team. His numbers are equal or just below Ryan Howard's, and Philly thinks Howard is the bomb.

If he continues to play 150 games plus and put up this season's numbers..........no argument here.
    Who's on first?

Adam Dunn WARMS my heart!! :)

Per Trent:

"Talked to Dunn for a little bit. He said his knee had been hurting him all season, even back to last season. He thought he could rehab through it, but it continued to hurt through the season. He said the toughest thing was stopping, that's why he ran into the wall a lot this year, because it was the easiest way to stop himself. Also, he said he hopes the Reds pick up his option, he wants to be a Red -- even if people don't want him to be one."
    You are THE MAN, Adam.

Anyone who doesn't appreciate what you bring to the table doesn't really understand what makes a player valuable in this day and age of professional baseball.

You are going to be in Cooperstown one day, good sir, and I hope and pray your bust is sporting the crooked C of the Cincinnati Reds.

Best of luck to you this off-season, big guy, and congratulations on yet ANOTHER phenomenal season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Dunn needs to realize there are fans who do want him in Cincy.
    I have thought for a long time that Dunn seemed like the kind of player that may sign an extension for a lesser price than he could get on the open market. Personally, I hope they do !

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    I've changed my mind on Adam. He isn't the problem. The problem is the rest of the team. His numbers are equal or just below Ryan Howard's, and Philly thinks Howard is the bomb.

If he continues to play 150 games plus and put up this season's numbers..........no argument here.
    I couldn't agree more. I was wrong about Adam Dunn as well. The numbers he puts up compared to his salary equals to a bargain in today's baseball pay structure. Hope they keep him next year and beyond.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

They need to do more than pick up his option. They need to extend him thru a similar time period to what they have Harang and Arroyo lined up for.

They are probably going to have to make a trade that hurts a little to get the relief help they need. However if Dunn is a certainty for 3 or 4 more years, that trade is going to hurt a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Shouldn't the title of the thread be Adam Dunn wants to stay in Cincinnati
    There have been a couple of people who have suggested Adam wants to leave Cincinnati; so I gave it the title I did. I think either title would have been fine, though

do whatever it takes to keep him
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    do whatever it takes to keep him
    Absolutly. I love this guy's attitude. Atleast he's not like Griffey, talking about how he would love to go back to Seattle. If we can get Dunn locked into an extension, then by all means, do it.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Since he's been out I think we've all seen what would happen if they didn't keep Dunn and Griffey/Hamilton get injured. Not a pretty site.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

fine, hes not alex rodriguez, but surely hes one of the more solid hitters in the majors. and dont call me shirley. hes been trying to improve, and HAS. 40 home runs a year, 100 rbis, walks more than kiefer sutherland is about to, seems to have a good head on his shoulders (albeit not much upstairs, but hey look at yogi berra), and rarely gets injured (this year was not a likely scenario)
    keep him. whatever they gotta do to keep him, do it.

lots of love for Dunner...quite a turnaround from 3 months ago....
    Reds fan since 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Chi-Town Red View Post
    lots of love for Dunner...quite a turnaround from 3 months ago....
    The end of the world must be near

Turn Off Ads?