I gave up:

Reggie Wayne
    Adrian Peterson
    Julius Jones (this guy has Barber)

I received:
    Tomlinson
    Dennis Northcutt
    Tony Hunt

The last two guys were just to round out rosters.

I also have Willie Parker, which makes me loaded at RB.

I have Donald Driver, Calvin Johnson, and Jericho Cotchery. I also have some guys I think will pay dividends later this year in Bobby Wade and DJ Hackett (assuming he recovers from his ankle).

And I have Antonio Gates.

I was trying to cash in on Peterson while he's hot. He could potentially have a huge year, but I'm worried about that offense an injury to him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Too Much for Tomlinson

I personally think this is a great trade. You just got the most valuable fantasy property for guys that I think are replaceable too.

I like Peterson too, but with Chester coming back, he's going to lose a lot of carries, and Childress seems like a guy that likes to give vets plenty of chances. So I think a huge year will be extremely difficult to come by for Peterson, even though he is as good as he is.

I also think you have the WR to cover for Wayne. Cotchery is pretty underrated and if anything he should get someconsistent yards even if he gets few TD's.

You now have 2 every week starting running backs and that's hard to get, so dept at RB should not really be an issue other than bye weeks.

Any trade you get Tomlinson in is a great trade IMO.

I can't believe someone was willing to trade LT. IMO, He's almost twice as valuable as the #2 pick in many drafts--it's a big step down even to RBs like Jackson, Johnson and Alexander. Nice job!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Buy low, sell high. That's what I always say. If he does well for a couple weeks you could trade him again, and get a pile of players.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Well Peterson played great today, except that Childress kept him on the sidelines most of the day for some ridiculous reason.

On the other hand, Tomlinson is getting tons of carries and dominating the Chiefs. Looks good so far.

I'm worried about the Chargers offense. Phillip Rivers is regressing in a big way and they're now 1-3. Another loss next week and their season is pretty much over. If that's the case, I don't think LT will put up the big numbers he usually does.

I'm tempted to unload both LT and Gates this week. At a bare minimum, I'll entertain offers.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Just because the Chargers' season is over doesn't mean LT won't be a fantasy stud. Look at Barry Sanders all those years in Detroit--or the Bengals with Corey Dillon for that matter. Bad teams can still have really productive running backs, and I wouldn't suggest unloading LT unless you can get something darn good in return.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?