Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ever seen a quarterback receive a standing ovation after throwing an interception?

Ever seen a quarterback receive a standing ovation after throwing an interception?

Andre' Woodson received a standing ovation from the big blue faithful at Commonwealth Stadium after throwing an interception versus Florida Atlantic.

His first interception in 326 throwing attempts.

A new NCAA record.

Congrats, Andre'.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ever seen a quarterback receive a standing ovation after throwing an interception

He has improved by leaps and bounds over the last two years. I still remember when Louisville played them a couple years ago and Elvis Dumervil had 6 sacks and forced a couple fumbles from Woodson. Its hard to believe that this is the same guy who almost got replaced by Curtis Pulley.

As much as I dislike Kentucky, I have to give Woodson and UK credit for turning him into a potential top ten draft pick.

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Ever seen a quarterback receive a standing ovation after throwing an interception

326 in a row w/out a pick is incredible... and very lucky. I am not sure of the percentages, but you gotta think that 20% of INTs are the fault of someone/something other than the QB... wrong route by the receiver, QB hit from the blind-side as he begins the throw, receiver should have caught a good throw but lets it bounce out of his hands, etc.

Congrats to Woodson! Not taking anything away from his NCAA record, but I'd like to take Andre' to Las Vegas with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    326 in a row w/out a pick is incredible... and very lucky. I am not sure of the percentages, but you gotta think that 20% of INTs are the fault of someone/something other than the QB... wrong route by the receiver, QB hit from the blind-side as he begins the throw, receiver should have caught a good throw but lets it bounce out of his hands, etc.

Congrats to Woodson! Not taking anything away from his NCAA record, but I'd like to take Andre' to Las Vegas with me.
    Good point, RFA!

Why do I think he'd hit on 20 and draw an Ace?

part of BBN

I really dont think most KY fans realize what we are watching with Woodson/Little/Burton/tamme etc.
    They are something special.We will not go undefeated and will lose some games but these guys are helping to take this program to a higher level.
    Their success now is winning over recruits for later. Now we dont just have Little and Dixon but after that we have Smith and Locke who will be producers.
    People talk of woodson's lack of interceptions but he also gives you the feeling when he throws it will be "completed".Personally, I think he throws one of the prettiest deep balls you will see.

I believe Brady had some kind of streak like this. It wasn't as long of a streak, but it was in the NFL. I like this guy's future.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I think with Louisvilles collapse that Woodson could be the first QB off the board come draft day. That being said, he and Brohm will both be top 10 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by rocko
    I really dont think most KY fans realize what we are watching with Woodson/Little/Burton/tamme etc.
    They are something special.We will not go undefeated and will lose some games but these guys are helping to take this program to a higher level.
    Their success now is winning over recruits for later. Now we dont just have Little and Dixon but after that we have Smith and Locke who will be producers.
    People talk of woodson's lack of interceptions but he also gives you the feeling when he throws it will be "completed".Personally, I think he throws one of the prettiest deep balls you will see.
    The next three games will tell if Kentucky is for real. After that, it will be a pretty decent finish, although Mississippi St and Tennessee will be tough. I agree with the comments about the future, especially Locke. This guy is going to be the real deal.

I live in West Virginia and seeing WVU lose yesterday is really good to see. If Kentucky somehow manages to run the table in the SEC East(LSU is in a league of their own), the Sugar Bowl and a matchup with the Mountaineers is a possibility. For that reason, I am pulling for WVU the rest of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?