Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ouch... White Sox wasting cash.

Ouch... White Sox wasting cash.

.263/.309/.403/.712 472 ab's

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...sox-pierzynski

White Sox and catcher Pierzynski agree to $12.5 million, 2-year extension
    September 29, 2007

CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago White Sox and catcher A.J. Pierzynski agreed to a two-year, $12.5 million contract extension Saturday that will keep him with the team through the 2010 season.

Pierzynski will make a base salary of $5.85 million in 2008 under the final year of a three-year contract he signed in 2005. He will then receive $6.25 million in each of the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

"Both sides agreed on something that was fair. I wasn't looking to break the bank and it worked out," Pierzynski said.

Pierzynski, a standout for the White Sox during their run to the World Series two years ago, was batting .263 with 14 homers and 50 RBIs this season before Saturday's game against the Tigers.

"I look at it as we won a World Series here," Pierzynski said. "This is a team that will always be special to me. They brought me in when kinda no one else wanted me. ... They've been nothing but fair with me since the day I walked through the door."

The White Sox, who were 18 games under .500 with two games left this season, have also signed manager Ozzie Guillen, left-hander Mark Buehrle and right field
    SIX million bucks a year for that?

The Reds paid :$1.6M for this (.204/ .271/ .401/.672)from Ross this year.

Ouch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ouch... White Sox wasting cash.

Is there a player more looked for then the "offensive catcher"? and when someone might be one they get a mondo amount of cash.
    Go Gators!

Re: Ouch... White Sox wasting cash.

Replace his name with "Jason LaRue" and "White Sox" with "Reds", and history pretty much repeats itself.

Turn Off Ads?