Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally understand...

I finally understand...

The reason why all Reds fans hate Cubs fans....

I went to the game today, and I finally realized why everyone hates them. They are loud and obnoxious.... But the Reds fans to Cubs fans ratio did not help at all. I am glad I can understand the hatred finally.
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I finally understand...

Yep. I pretty much equate them to Steeler fans - although Steeler fans have a team that's actually won something in the last 98 years.

try going to Wrigley field...this is brutal, here in Chicago, its like they already won the world series....try working with Cubs fans...sickening
    Reds fan since 1970

Real Cubs fan here...apparently according to some around here I don't exist.

Currently in a Covington hotel, have attended both games and will go again today. I have enjoyed the Games, but not acted like an idiot either. Did I cheer when Lee/Soriano hit HR's? Sure I did. This is an exciting time to be a Cubs fan. Why wouldn't I come to these games?

I understand the resentment you guys have for some, but believe it or not there are a lot of people just like me. Good fans who want to see their team play.

The Reds are making alot of money this weekend due to the Cubs, so is the city.

If they are seats avaialble, the Cubs fans will come. Maybe that will change if the Reds improve and more fans show up. But I still remember lots of Cubs fans in Cincy even in the years when the Reds were strong.

In short, I've enjoyed my time here this weekend. I hate being lumped into a category.

I don't hate Cubs fans.
    I would like to have some of what they are having.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    I don't hate Cubs fans.
    I would like to have some of what they are having.
    Right. And if the Reds hadn't taken the eighth inning off this year, this thread would probably not exist.

Let them enjoy, they earned it.

That said. I still hope they make an early exit.

Somebody please tell me why the stupid sign in the bleachers wasn't ripped down yesterday? That just disgusts me. If I was there I would have lit it on fire.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

cub fans do not own shoes, have few teeth in their heads, and are missing fingers on both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Somebody please tell me why the stupid sign in the bleachers wasn't ripped down yesterday? That just disgusts me. If I was there I would have lit it on fire.
    What did it say?

It could be worse. You could be a Mets fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    The reason why all Reds fans hate Cubs fans....

I went to the game today, and I finally realized why everyone hates them. They are loud and obnoxious.... But the Reds fans to Cubs fans ratio did not help at all. I am glad I can understand the hatred finally.
    A major reason there weren't too many Reds fans there was because none of us like to put up with the obnoxious Cubs fans. I have commented on this many times in the past, and even had an exchange with a Cubs fan on THIS site about it! Knowing Cards and Brewers fans, they feel the same way about Cubs fans. By the way, I enjoy Cards and Brewers fans when they are in town. Decent, and knowledgeable baseball people.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    A major reason there weren't too many Reds fans there was because none of us like to put up with the obnoxious Cubs fans. I have commented on this many times in the past, and even had an exchange with a Cubs fan on THIS site about it! Knowing Cards and Brewers fans, they feel the same way about Cubs fans. By the way, I enjoy Cards and Brewers fans when they are in town. Decent, and knowledgeable baseball people.
    Wow, it's pretty easy to scare some Reds fans from the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Wow, it's pretty easy to scare some Reds fans from the stadium.
    We are talking about the last game of a dissappointing season, when everyone knows Cubs fans are going to be a significant part of those attending. Do you expect us to endure this just because we are Reds fans? Do you go to games all season long against the Cubs? Do you know how rude and obnoxious they are over their "bought" team? Go to a Reds game at Wrigley field and act like they do here, and you'll be missing some teeth.

Bartman for Alderman

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    We are talking about the last game of a dissappointing season, when everyone knows Cubs fans are going to be a significant part of those attending. Do you expect us to endure this just because we are Reds fans? Do you go to games all season long against the Cubs? Do you know how rude and obnoxious they are over their "bought" team? Go to a Reds game at Wrigley field and act like they do here, and you'll be missing some teeth.

Bartman for Alderman
    Drunken, yuppie, woosies. Bartman made it out no worse than reeking of beer.

Yes, I've been to plenty of Red's games against the Cubs, this year,not the final three. They're loud and blustery. Hardly a reason to avoid supporting the home team at the stadium.

And I do hope to visit Wrigley in the near future to loot my Redlegs on to victory with a beer in hand and vocal cords primed.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    What did it say?
    I don't remember. It was just a huge Cubs sign, that was hanging over the tunnel, where you go back to the vendors and stuff. My view is that this is our ballpark. If you want to have a huge Cubs sign, then bring it to a game at Wrigley. Don't bring it here!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?