Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally understand...

Re: I finally understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Drunken, yuppie, woosies. Bartman made it out no worse than reeking of beer.

Yes, I've been to plenty of Red's games against the Cubs, this year,not the final three. They're loud and blustery. Hardly a reason to avoid supporting the home team at the stadium.

And I do hope to visit Wrigley in the near future to loot my Redlegs on to victory with a beer in hand and vocal cords primed.
    Sorry, but I'm not a maschocist. Smile real big when you return.
    (I assume by "loot" you meant root). Go get 'em tigger, I wish you the best.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Sorry, but I'm not a maschocist. Smile real big when you return.
    (I assume by "loot" you meant root). Go get 'em tigger, I wish you the best.
    Honestly, there are plenty of Reds fans living in Chicago and they look forward to watching the Reds play in Wrigley.

Give it a shot. Chicago is a great town. Enjoy yourself.
    "Hyperbole is the greatest thing ever" Redsland

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    Right. And if the Reds hadn't taken the eighth inning off this year, this thread would probably not exist.

Let them enjoy, they earned it.

That said. I still hope they make an early exit.
    I wouldn't say getting swept by the marlins in the second to last series of the year is 'earning it'. I hope they get swept in the first round.

Would having the best record in the NL since June be considered earning it?

I attended the game on Saturday. It was probably the worst baseball experience I've ever had. Cubs fans are classless. While I will acknowledge there are some decent and knowledgeable fans among them (we met one at the bar later that night), they are FEW and far between.

I understand they are excited about making it to the post season, however, it's crossing the line when you are the visitors in a stadium and you boo the home team. That's right, there were people booing when the Reds took the field at the start of the game. Not only that, they continued to be rude and obnoxious throughout the entire game, making comments about how the Reds suck among other things. Thank God for alcohol, because I don't know if I would have made it through the entire game without it.

There was, I guess, an upside to them being in town. They did generate a lot of money for the city, and maybe, just perhaps, they brought enough in for us to acquire another starter so that when we play them next year, we can kick their sorry . They are delusional enough to think they are going to make it out of the first round of playoffs, and that makes me laugh.

Congratulations, Cubs fans. Congratulations for sweeping the AA Marlins and on beating our AAA team 2 out of 3 times this weekend.

We were at the games Friday and Saturday. Sure wish the boys would have *shown up* and PLAYED rather than making it obvious they were already planning their winter vacations.... I spent a lot of money in Cinci this weekend, all I expected out of the team was good play--we got lackadasial outfielding, wimpy hitting and poor support of a nice pitching effort by Harang. I'm tempted to send Castellini the bills....

That being said, we still had a good time, and the only objection I had to the Cubbies fans were those damn "W" flags. We had a good time on the walk over and back from Covington chatting with various Cubs fans, and frankly, for all the disappointment I felt in our boys' play, I was and still am happy for the Cubs. Better them than the freakin' Cardinals.

You want lousy, loud mouth obnoxious fans? Try being a Reds fan in St Louis. For all their self proclaimed "best fans in baseball" status, they're just flat out ignorant 99% of the time.

Turn Off Ads?