Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Dunn is Reds' lightning rod

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Re: Dunn is Reds' lightning rod

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    IIRC, he was asked the Houston press if he wanted to play for the Astros and he responded something like.... (paraphrasing) sure, everyone wants to go home someday.

... instead of really looking at what he said, Cincinnati fans went balistic.

It wasn't a flat out "do you want to play for Houston" and he answered "yes, I do".
    "Someday" could be next year or ten years - it was still very poor PR on his part IMHO. :thumbdown
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I quess some people choose to ignore any/everything that goes against their preconcieved notions. It's easier for them that way.
    And that's why RedsZone has too many threads on Dunn and Marty!
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    IIRC, he was asked the Houston press if he wanted to play for the Astros and he responded something like.... (paraphrasing) sure, everyone wants to go home someday.

... instead of really looking at what he said, Cincinnati fans went balistic.

It wasn't a flat out "do you want to play for Houston" and he answered "yes, I do".
    Here's the thread in question...
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...n+houston+play

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If he wanted out he wouldn't have signed a deal that gives the Reds 3 years, he could have refused and already be gone.

Why do people miss that?
    I dunno, would he be gone? I thought the Reds/Dunn signed the 3 year deal to avoid arbitration. When does Dunn become a free agent anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    "Someday" could be next year or ten years - it was still very poor PR on his part IMHO. :thumbdown
    I think that's pretty harsh for a guy who just answered a question honestly.

If he said no then people in Cincinnati would just accuse him of lying. The guy can't win IMO.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I dunno, would he be gone? I thought the Reds/Dunn signed the 3 year deal to avoid arbitration. When does Dunn become a free agent anyway?
    Pretty sure if he didn't sign that deal he would have been one after last season.
    Go Gators!

Dunn could have become a free agent after 2007, instead he signed a two year deal before the 2006 season with a club option for a 3rd that bought out a year of free agency.

If the Reds decline the option he would immediately become a free agent. If they pick up the option and he doesn't sign an extension he will become a free agent after the 2008 season.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

So it's only 2007? ok then, if Dunn hated it here so much, why not demand a PLAYER option?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post

If he said no then people in Cincinnati would just accuse him of lying. The guy can't win IMO.
    Silence is golden!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So it's only 2007? ok then, if Dunn hated it here so much, why not demand a PLAYER option?
    Maybe that's what he did during lunch with Bob!

Silence is golden!
    But Kitty, then he'd be accused of being a jerk. Can't win I tell ya.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people. Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

Honesty is a good thing, but it is not profitable to its possessor unless it is kept under control. Don Marquis (1878 - 1937)

Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people. Kin Hubbard (1868 - 1930)

Honesty is a good thing, but it is not profitable to its possessor unless it is kept under control. Don Marquis (1878 - 1937)

Honesty is the best policy - when there is money in it.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

nice.

nice.
    I was going to post this often repeated Twain quote...

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

But Dunn's not always the big dumb Texan...

Turn Off Ads?