Turn Off Ads?

Thread: vacuum storage bags

vacuum storage bags

Has anyone ever tried those vacuum storage bags that they advertise on tv? I've recently seen some that resemble storage containers, as opposed to just bags and was thinking about getting some for Christmas decorations after the holiday is over. I have so much holiday junk in my spare bedroom closet, that you can't really get anything else in there. I don't want to put this stuff in the basement or garage without it being air tight so that bugs can't get in it.

A few years ago, I bought storage containers and ended up taping the lids shut, since they weren't really airtight. By the time I was done, they looked like astronaut suits, for crying out loud.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: vacuum storage bags

I haven't bought the one's on TV. I've made my own. I put linens, blankets, etc into regular trash bags and vaccumed the air out ..... then either put them in old luggage or in a box. You can fit alot. If you use a box, just tape it up real well. They'll expand but only as far as they can in the box.

It compacts quite a bit and allows you to store cloth items that you wouldn't normally want to put in the basement.

I've done it with winter coats as well.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I have some bags like that which I got from Costco. Most of the time, they don't stay sealed. They do work well for compressing a bunch of linens or out of season clothes into a few packages small enough to fit under the bed. If they gradually expand under the bed, it's not a problem since everything in the bag stays clean, fresh and free of moths.

We've also used them for packing. The smaller ones are helpful for fitting more clothes into a suitcase.
    /r/reds

YOU'LL SUFFOCATE FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    A few years ago, I bought storage containers and ended up taping the lids shut, since they weren't really airtight. By the time I was done, they looked like astronaut suits, for crying out loud.
    I'm not gonna stand here and allow you to malign duct tape like that! Blasphemy!

Do they come in house size?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?