Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Award Picks/Predictions

Award Picks/Predictions

My picks:

AL MVP
    Alex Rodrigez NYY
    He easily had the best offensive year in the league.

NL MVP
    Matt Holiday COL
    Great 1.000+ OPS for contending team. The media will like his Batting Title and RBI totals.

AL Cy Young
    CC Sabathia CLE
    This is a tough one, because there are several deserving pitchers you could make an argument for. (Josh Becket, Lackey, Santana, Kazmir, ect.)

NL Cy Young
    Jake Peavy SDG
    Hands down, 'nuff said

AL ROY
    Dustin Pedroia
    .380 OBP + good glove

NL ROY
    Troy Tulowitzki
    Great all-around year for a good team

What are your picks?

(also I know their are many more awards, please cover more)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Re: Award Picks/Predictions

My picks and (My Prediction of who will win)

AL MVP
    A-Rod (A-Rod)
    Duh. I'm just happy the Tigers didn't make it. Because as great of a season as Mags has had, this isn't even close.

NL MVP
    Prince Fielder (Wright)
    The Phillies will split their votes, Holliday will be dismissed b/c of Coors, and Wright will get dismissed b/c of their collapse. Fielder wins by a small margin over a very tight field.

AL Cy Young
    CC Sabathia (Beckett)
    People like him more than Beckett. Haters will snub the Sox. Both are derserving. I personally give the nod to Beckett since he plays in a better offensive division and a hitters park.

NL Cy Young
    Jake Peavy (Peavy)
    You win the pitching triple crown, you win the Cy Young. Ask Aaron Harang, the ERA is a big deal.

AL ROY
    Dustin Pedroia (Pedroia)
    It's a close race with a number of deserving candidates. The guy who will get the least votes relative to what he deserves is KC closer Joakim Soria. Dude was flat out dominant.

NL ROY
    Ryan Braun (Tulowitzki)
    Right or wrong, I don't like giving out ROY based on flukish numbers. Braun isn't this good and his mlb worst defensive erodes a good deal of that offensive value. Tulo is the complete package, though his offensive is a bit overrated as witnessed by his .364/.299 home/road BABIP split. Coors loves line drive hitters.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

My picks would be:

NL MVP - Matt Holliday
    My apologies for ever wondering why he made the U.S. roster for the Baseball World Cup.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez
    With the caveat that no one carries more of the load for his team than Vlad Guerrero.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy
    Should be a unanimous pick.

AL Cy Young - C.C. Sabathia
    The innings swing it for me.

NL ROY - Ryan Braun
    Nothing against Tulowitzki, but Braun's stick is superhuman. That he may not play 3B long term won't prevent him from terrorizing pitchers for the next decade.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia
    I love watching him play the game.
    Last edited by M2; 10-01-2007 at 03:57 PM.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

My prediction (my choice)

NL MVP - Prince Fielder (Rollins)
    I think Fielder will win the award because some writers will hold Holliday's home/road splits against him and chalk up his numbers to the Coors Field factor. I would vote for Jimmy Rollins - great offense, gold-glove defense at SS.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez (ARod)
    Nobody's close.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy (Peavy)
    See ARod...really, he's ahead of the pack.

AL Cy Young - Josh Beckett (Sabathia)
    I think the ESPN bias kicks in here. He had a good year, but Sabathia was better. Lackey had a great year, too. Should be a close race.

NL ROY - Tulowitzki (Tulowitzki)
    I think Tulowitzki edges Braun. The fact that he played the full season and played a solid SS give him a slight edge. I think Braun's hitting is amazing, though. If he started the year in Milwaukee, he's probably ROY and the Brewers might be in the playoffs.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia (Pedroia)
    He started hitting and never really stopped. Props to Brian Bannister, though.

NL Manager of the Year - Lou Piniella (Bob Melvin)
    Sweet Lou will get the votes. But Bob Melvin did an incredible job in AZ.

AL Manager of the Year - Eric Wedge (Joe Torre)
    I think Wedge wins a three-horse race w/Torre and Scoiscia. I'd vote for Torre, because he held the group together when they were 15-1/2 games out and there were reports that he was going to get canned.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    My picks would be:

NL MVP - Matt Holliday
    My apologies for ever wondering why he made the U.S. roster for the Baseball World Cup.

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez
    With the caveat that no one carries more of the load for his team than Vlad Guerrero.

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy
    Should be a unanimous pick.

AL Cy Young - C.C. Sabathia
    The innings swing it for me.

NL ROY - Ryan Braun
    Nothing against Tulowitzki, but Braun's stick is superhuman. That he may not play 3B long term won't prevent him from terrorizing pitchers for the next decade.

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia
    I love watching him the game.
    This is how I see it as well. Had Hunter Pence not missed time being injured, he would win the ROY over Braun.

NL MVP - Prince Fielder

AL MVP - Alex Rodriguez

NL Cy Young - Jake Peavy

AL Cy Young - Josh Beckett

NL ROY - Ryan Braun

AL ROY- Dustin Pedroia
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Turn Off Ads?