Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Watching the Cubs rally

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Harmony IN
    Posts
    264

    Watching the Cubs rally

    I am watching the Cubs rally on WGN and these people act like the Cubs have won the world series

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    330

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    I'm watching too. It is rather funny. What have they won!!!!
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

    2013 record:
    GABP: 1-1 Wrigley: 2-0

  3. #3
    OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    594

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Well, when you as a fanbase haven't sniffed a world championship in 100 years, you have to take what you can get.....

    ....and it'll make it that much more enjoyable when the Scrubs get bounced out of the Divisional round.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    474

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    Well, when you as a fanbase haven't sniffed a world championship in 100 years, you have to take what you can get.....

    ....and it'll make it that much more enjoyable when the Scrubs get bounced out of the Divisional round.
    Right on!!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Harmony IN
    Posts
    264

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Its going to be great to see them swept

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    85

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    So if the Reds were in, they shouldn't celebrate it?

    Come on, I uinderstand you guys hate the Cubs, but now your just looking for things to get on them about.

    its a Rally, all the teams in the playoffs are having them. It is an MLB thing, not a Cubs thing.

  7. #7
    Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indpls
    Posts
    341

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I am watching the Cubs rally on WGN and these people act like the Cubs have won the world series
    Here's a Question...if you hate the Cubs so much why don't you just turn the freakin TV off????? Your whinning about the Cubs fans just makes you look jealous that your team isn't in the playoffs. I'm a Reds fan too but all Cubs fan bashing on RZ is ridiculous. I grew up in NW Indiana and Chicago people are just loud boisterous kind of folks. I can also tell you that they are some of the most loyal and genrous people you'll ever meet as well. Besides, the only reason they can get into the GABP is because Reds fans didn't show up to buy the tickets first. Fair weather fans shouldn't complain. Wrigley is packed every day (yes day time when people should be working) win or lose. The Reds players ought to be the ones that are jealous not the fans!
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Harmony IN
    Posts
    264

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    I am not a fairweather fan....and I am tired of hearing these Cubs fans. I just thought it was funny and I have a right to that just like you have a right to get all worked up on a message board...Calm down

  9. #9
    Ya can't teach speed... Triples's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Indpls
    Posts
    341

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I am not a fairweather fan....and I am tired of hearing these Cubs fans. I just thought it was funny and I have a right to that just like you have a right to get all worked up on a message board...Calm down
    I'm perfectly calm, if I was any calmer I would be asleep. I'm just pointing out to you how hypocritical you're being.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I am watching the Cubs rally on WGN and these people act like the Cubs have won the world series
    If you're "tired of hearing these Cubs fans" why are you watching their rally on TV? See the hypocricy?
    Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona. Not all holes, or games, are created equal. ~George Will


  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    I hate the cubs and I love to watch their fans go through torture every year. I mean I really can't stand them, their logo even puts me on edge.

  11. #11
    fan EddieMilner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Buchanan, MI
    Posts
    391

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Triples View Post
    Here's a Question...if you hate the Cubs so much why don't you just turn the freakin TV off????? Your whinning about the Cubs fans just makes you look jealous that your team isn't in the playoffs. I'm a Reds fan too but all Cubs fan bashing on RZ is ridiculous. I grew up in NW Indiana and Chicago people are just loud boisterous kind of folks. I can also tell you that they are some of the most loyal and genrous people you'll ever meet as well. Besides, the only reason they can get into the GABP is because Reds fans didn't show up to buy the tickets first. Fair weather fans shouldn't complain. Wrigley is packed every day (yes day time when people should be working) win or lose. The Reds players ought to be the ones that are jealous not the fans!
    I couldn't agree more. I've met fans of about every organization possible. And the only thing each pro team has in common is that some of their fans are nice and some are jerks. And while Cubs fans can be slightly uneducated and drunk from time to time, its no different than listening to sports talk radio in Cincinnati after a game.

  12. #12
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    they took zambrano out entirely too soon in my opiinon.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    I have to agree that I hate the Cubs...and I hate them because of their fans. Coming into another teams ballpark and booing the home team or calls for the home team is just rude and disrespectful. I have been to other parks before to watch the Reds, but I certainly don't boo the home team and scream at the umps. It is ok to cheer you team in another stadium, but you don't say comments like "sit down" and Griffey strikes out at GABP. I am definitely going to savour the flavor of the Cubs being swept by torturing every Cubs fan I know.

    One thing about me is I go through a period of hatred towards a team, my hatred is not permanent. It is usually towards bandwagon teams. In the early 90s I hated the A's and Braves. In the late 90s I hated just the Braves. Today I hate the Red Sox, Cubs, and I still have some hatred towards the Braves mainly because of their hillbilly fan base and Skip Carey. The funny thing is I really have no hatred toward other teams in other sports, it is just a baseball thing for me. Oh yeah and for some reason that I can't ever identify I will always hate the Pittsburgh Pirates. Mainly because I live in West Virginia and when you have a choice of proximity in WV to support either the Reds or Pirates, why would anyone in their sane minds cheer for the Pirates? That team is depressing!

  14. #14
    part of BBN jmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    they took zambrano out entirely too soon in my opiinon.
    Lou was saving him for a game 4 that may never be !

  15. #15
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: Watching the Cubs rally

    Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Lou was saving him for a game 4 that may never be !

    haha, i heard that, in my opinion you need to take care of the game at hand, it's not like they had a lead when he pulled him.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25