Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Mobile

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Redszone Mobile

I have Verizon Wireless and a Motorola Q. Love the setup. Im not expecially thrilled with the Q as it has crappy battery life and shuts off whenever it wants (overheating radio looking for a signal).

Im looking forward to Verison getting a Blackberry Curve with a camera...why they havent yet is beyond me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll be looking for a new phone soon (also Verizon) and would like a smart-phone with web/email access. Any thoughts on a good one - or one in the pipeline? $300 or less.

BTW, thanks Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    I'll be looking for a new phone soon (also Verizon) and would like a smart-phone with web/email access. Any thoughts on a good one - or one in the pipeline? $300 or less.

BTW, thanks Boss.
    Well, I'm with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and really haven't had any problems with them or the phones. Unfortunately, they do not offer a Motorola Q phone (or maybe they do and I can't find it) - any other suggestions?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Well, you can get the iPhone.

I'm looking at these two through Verizon, but will probably wait until around/after Christmas to see if anything else comes out.

LG enV
    http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-c...1/lg-env-1.jpg
    http://cellphones.techfresh.net/wp-c...1/lg-env-2.jpg

LG VX10000
    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/images/13247_large.jpg
    http://www.xonio.com/ii/135274429_fa38eb55e3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GIK View Post
    Well, you can get the iPhone.
    Resist the empire!!!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Well, I'm with AT&T (formerly Cingular) and really haven't had any problems with them or the phones. Unfortunately, they do not offer a Motorola Q phone (or maybe they do and I can't find it) - any other suggestions?
    http://www.betanews.com/article/ATT_...one/1191515740

I thought about an iPhone myself. I just don't plan to use a cellphone that much a month. I think I'm going to get something without a specific plan. I may just go the prepaid route. Just remember, when they offer you insurance TAKE IT!!!
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I am using a treo smartphone with verizon.

got it refurbished for 350 so I didn't have to extend my contract with verizon.. a big plus for me. I hate contracts.

beware with verizon tho.. they have a 5 a month plan, but its not the same as their "data" plan, which you need with a smart phone(according to all reps from verizon I've spoken with) and its an extra 45 a month. sprint offers this same service for 10. I don't understand why, or exactly how its different than the 5 a month plan verizon has, and I've read a ton about it on their website, spoken with in store reps & phone reps... they can't tell me much, but they all tell me the smartphone has to use the data plan.

also, be sure to get the dataplan if you do get a smartphone & plan to use the net a lot.. otherwise their per kB usage charge can ring up your bill. I've read horror stories of monthly bills coming in @ over 1 or 2K..
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Rumor out there is that Verizon will be lowering the data plan's price. Music to my ears.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    One of the guys I work with at court had a MotoQ for a few weeks and did nothing but complain about how crap the battery life was on it. He said that it wasn't uncommon for him to be at half-battery before lunchtime and to be completely dead before dinnertime. He was having to charge the phone while in his office just to make sure it would be working all day.

He ended up trading it in and getting a Treo -- which is what I carry. It doesn't have the slim form-factor of the Q, but the battery is light-years better (I can go multiple days without a charge under moderate use) and the touch screen is really helpful.

Take it FWIW. Do your homework on the smartphones -- they're really fun, but they have some issues (such as the battery issues) which don't really cross most people's minds with cell phones.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    One of the guys I work with at court had a MotoQ for a few weeks and did nothing but complain about how crap the battery life was on it. He said that it wasn't uncommon for him to be at half-battery before lunchtime and to be completely dead before dinnertime. He was having to charge the phone while in his office just to make sure it would be working all day..
    I have a Q, and I agree that the battery is crap. I had to get the extended life battery and that helped *somewhat*. Also, being Windows mobile, closing out a program doesn't really close it....so you end up with a lot of running prgrams. I put a short-cut to the program manager on the main screen and regularly check for open programs and shut them down. That helped out a fair amount in extended battery life.

But with all that I still only get barely 1.5 days of use (of course, I uses it almost constantly) which is still pretty lame IMO.

If the company issued Treo's it would be a whole lot better. But the Q does a medocore job with the battery tweeks I mentioned.

Windows Mobile is supposed to clear out lesser priority programs when it needs the memory.

One thing wrong with the Q is the radios. When you reach the edge of a network, it works extra hard for the signal and overheats. Usually resulting in the processor rebooting to cool down. My phone is plugged in most of the day so my battery isnt an issue because I dont let it be one. lol

I personally own the Treo 650....

I know during the summer, i'd just log into redszone and check out the lineups and such and see what was going on... I use my phones internet for everything... Mail, Messenger, Radar, Sports, Box Scores, Fantasy Sports, ETC.

I bought the Media Max 1500 - 1500 Text Messages and Unlimted Internet for 29.99 a month. I have a program downloaded to my phone for the AIM/Yahoo/MSN/ICQ and use my unlimted internet to acess everything...

Really workin like a champ - I've had it well over a year with no problems... I have a gig expansion card that holds all my music/ring tones.

I'm with Cingular....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

wap.redszone.com please!!!!!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I remembered seeing this thread a while back and figured I'd swing through. I got a tmobile sidekick as an early xmas gift yesterday and as I lie in bed right now browsing the net, I figured I'd see how posting works. Not too shabby at all!

Turn Off Ads?