Turn Off Ads?

Thread: WWE Champ John Cena suffers injury, WWE title vacated.

WWE Champ John Cena suffers injury, WWE title vacated.

WWE.com is reporting that after meeting with Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama, it has been determined that John Cena has "suffered a complete tear of his right pectoral tendon" and will have to forfeit the WWE Championship as a result.

According to Dr. Andrews, Cena could be out anywhere from six to eight months. This is obviously a huge blow to WWE right now and the company will now have to determine who will be Randy Orton's opponent at No Mercy this Sunday in Chicago, IL to determine a new WWE Champion.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Champ John Cena suffers injury, WWE title vacated.

I wonder what the plot to the movie he'll be filming is? Wait, no I don't.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I am always skeptical about so called WWE injuries....they make convenient excuses to get a player out of a storyline easily...and Cena is a hard one to peg...one of the most polarizing champs of recent memory...however, if it is a fake...why would a renowned doctor like James Andrews let himself get dragged in? Mr. McMahon for WWE champ...

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    I wonder what the plot to the movie he'll be filming is? Wait, no I don't.
    If it's anything like his last one, there will be only enough of a plot to justify blowing up large objects every five minutes, and no more.

One of my co-workers got me to see Marine with him. He apologized after it was over.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I am always skeptical about so called WWE injuries....they make convenient excuses to get a player out of a storyline easily...and Cena is a hard one to peg...one of the most polarizing champs of recent memory...however, if it is a fake...why would a renowned doctor like James Andrews let himself get dragged in? Mr. McMahon for WWE champ...

FWIW the cena injury is legit. the points you make are legit as well. they just used storylines to cover up wrestlers that were suspended for 30 days from steroids.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

On the brink of disaster

I once attended a summer camp where the cook at the mess hall was a professional wrestler. He had a "broken arm" so he could attend the event. His nickname at the camp was Mom. He was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet believe it or not. That pectoral tear has to be painful. As I said on this site before, I had shoulder surgery and my pectoral tendon was made into basically a tether to hold down my scapula by extending it with two of my hamstring tendons. Rehab was not fun at all.

Not Laughing

.....Paging Jericho....Chris Jericho.....
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

The guy on the left is my Grandfather. He was the firechief. That's how they raised money back in the day.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Source: WWE.com

Former WWE Champion John Cena underwent surgery this week to repair a fully-torn pectoral tendon. WWE's official website has posted a video feature on Cena's surgery and the long rehabilitation process ahead, which has already started in Birmingham, Alabama.

Sports injury "Surgeon to the Stars" Dr. James Andrews performed Cena's operation and gave WWE.com an exclusive update on how the surgery went and what lies ahead for John Cena. Here's what Dr. Andrews had to say:

- The pectoral tendon was torn when Cena's arm was pulled behind him during the hiptoss spot with Ken Kennedy. Andrews called it a "devastating injury" and was amazed Cena even finished the match.

- Initial examinations didn't show how severe the tear was. Once they "opened him up" during surgery, they learned it was a complete pectoral tear where the tendon attaches to the bone.

- Andrews noted that the quick turnaround for the surgery (which took place less than 24 hours after the injury) helped make the procedure an easier once, since the torn tendon hadn't had a chance to shrivel up after the tear.

- Andrews said that Cena "should have a full recovery."

Statements from WWE and Vince McMahon himself have placed Cena's return timeline at somewhere between six months to a year, which at best, would be April 2008 - effectively ruling out a match for Cena at Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, Florida.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Thanks toledodan for the clarification....I know Mr. Kennnnnnedy (Kennedy) was supposed to be McMahons son...but his suspension screwed that....so the goofy Hornswoggle plot was crafted at the last minute...and say what you will about wrestling being "fake"--they are gamers

Wonder if it is because he needs to "flush" out his system?

Turn Off Ads?