Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America International League Top 20

Baseball America International League Top 20

I got my print copy of Baseball America for October 8-21. It lists the top 20 prospects in each league. For the International League, AAA, the headline is "Headlined by Bruce, IL talent heavy on Reds".

1. Jay Bruce, OF, Louisville
    2. Homer Bailey, RHP, Louisville
    3. Matt Garza, RHP, Rochester (Twins)
    4. Josh Fields, 3B, Charlotte (White Sox)
    5. Jed Lowrie, SS, Pawtucket (Red Sox)
    6. Jacob Ellsbury, OF, Pawtucket (Red Sox)
    7. Brent Lillibridge, SS, Richmond (Braves)
    8. Yunel Escobar, SS, Richmond (Braves)
    9. Jeff Niemann, RHP, Durham (Devil Rays)
    10. Joey Votto, 1B/OF, Louisville
    11. Adam Miller, RHP, Buffalo (Indians)
    12. Garrett Olson, LHP, Norfolk (Orioles)
    13. Brandon Moss, OF, Pawtucket (Red Sox)
    14. Brandon Jones, OF, Richmond (Braves)
    15. Adam Lind, OF, Syracuse(Blue Jays)
    16. Colin Balester, RHP, Columbus (Nationals)
    17. Jason Hammel, RHP, Durham(Devil Rays)
    18. Jevin Slowey, RHP, Rochester (Twins)
    19. Aaron Laffey, LHP, Buffalo(Indians)
    20. Jason Pridie, OF, Durham(Devil Rays)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America International League Top 20

Wow. Three top-10 AAA talents ain't too shabby. Let's hope their skills translate to the major league level very soon.

Cueto must be lurking in the next 10, right?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Not to mention two of those three are number 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Wow. Three top-10 AAA talents ain't too shabby. Let's hope their skills translate to the major league level very soon.

No clue why he wasn't on there. Cueto is a better prospect in my mind than Votto.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    No clue why he wasn't on there. Cueto is a better prospect in my mind than Votto.
    Probably bc he only pitched a few games in AAA.

Is this the same Homer Bailey that some people have said is the back of a rotation starter at best and is better served pitching out of the pen?

Its good to see 3 reds make the top ten. I wonder if the reds have had 3 total top ten player in the last 10 years?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Is this the same Homer Bailey that some people have said is the back of a rotation starter at best and is better served pitching out of the pen?

Its good to see 3 reds make the top ten. I wonder if the reds have had 3 total top ten player in the last 10 years?
    yes, they have.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post

If Cueto had qualified, which Im sure he didn't, he would have been the guy that pushed Votto out of the top 10.

I remember a couple years ago when all we heard was that this organization's talent was all in the low minors. It's good to see that they all progressed nicely.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Cueto or Maloney both probably didn't have enough innings to qualify because both would have been there. I'd say Cueto would rank in the top seven and Maloney around 17-20.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Cueto or Maloney both probably didn't have enough innings to qualify because both would have been there. I'd say Cueto would rank in the top seven and Maloney around 17-20.
    I would rank Cueto at #3.

Since Homer didnt reach 50 IP this year then he qualifies for their Top 10 Prospects list. Is there any chance the Reds make the Top 5 or maybe Top 3 MLB Farm Systems this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaknb8k View Post
    Since Homer didnt reach 50 IP this year then he qualifies for their Top 10 Prospects list. Is there any chance the Reds make the Top 5 or maybe Top 3 MLB Farm Systems this year?
    Top 5.... maybe, but I think its pushing it. Top 3, no. Top 10, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Top 5.... maybe, but I think its pushing it. Top 3, no. Top 10, certainly.
    Just curious... What do you believe they are missing? They have a top 4 that could go up against any other team I believe. So is it still depth that they are missing? Or something like Position diversity?

Its not what they are missing. Its what other teams have more of. The Yankees and Red Sox both have better systems, due in large part to their ability to throw around money and taking risks that payed off bigtime. The Devil Rays are absolutely loaded as always. That, at best puts the Reds 4th. It all comes down to, do the Reds have the depth to make that extra step. While I think they do, a lot of others think they don't. It will be interesting to see, when or if anyone comes out with a list, but in the end it doesn't matter a whole lot. The Reds have more top end talent than almost anyone, and in the end I would much rather have that than a 20 back up infielders/outfielders and 1 top end guy.

Turn Off Ads?