Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Need help with 3 keepers in BB

Need help with 3 keepers in BB

10 team, 3 keepers, 7X7 (hit-AVG,HR,RBI,RUNS,SB,OPS,2B;pitch-W,L,K,SV,ERA,WHPS,HOLDS) Yahoo league. Here is the list of keepers that are eligble players. Who should I keep?

C - Martin Top catcher based on Yahoo rankings
    1B - Ortiz I've kept him for the past 3 years
    2B - BJ Upton 2B, 3B, OF elig. make him very interesting option
    3B - Beltre His 2nd half looked better than his first
    SS - Hardy Break out seaosn
    OF - Granderson 120+ Runs with 20/20 season
    OF - Dunn Another 40HR, 100R, 100RBI season

SP - Verlander
    SP - F.Hernandez
    SP - Bailey
    SP - Escobar
    RP - Camberlain
    RP - C.Cordero
    RP - B.Wilson

2007 keepers were Del.Young, Ortiz and Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need help with 3 keepers in BB

I would keep Ortiz, Upton, and Martin. Papi gives you a solid power source to anchor your lineup; Upton gives you position flexibility and an all-around game with lots of upside; Martin gives you a productive player with all-around skills at a very thin position.

Your pitchers have a lot of potential, but none seems worthy of keeping at this point. You could do much worse than getting back that exact staff next year IMO... but you shouldn't waste a keeper slot on one of them.

Of course, this also depends on what keeper format you are using. Will the players be kept by round? In that case, I'd have to see where you drafted them last year in order to give my suggestions.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Other than the 3 keepers you roll over, all other keeper eligble players have to be selected after the 5th round. Also they can be kept for as long as you choose. I took over a team 2 years ago that had owned Ortiz for 2 years before that.

My selections after the 5th round were:
    Round 6 - Felix Hernandez
    R7 - Myers
    R8 - Verlander
    R9 - C.Cordero
    R12 - Martin
    R15 - Escobar
    R22 - Upton
    FA - Granderson, Hardy, Beltre

Combine that with Dunn and Ortiz from the year before. I had kept Delmon Young in hopes that he would have a great season. He had an okay season, but I choose to drop him since I went a span of 2 weeks without starting him. He was later picked up off waivers. I felt I had better options them him.

Tough call. Martin would be hard to replace. My Philosophy is you take the guy who is the hardest to replace. Not many Uptons about there at 2B. There are some good 2B but not many who can do what Upton does. Dunn hit 40 and even stole a few bases. Granderson had a good season though and might be harder to replace with the balance of power he brings to the table! I assume it is a 5 by 5 league and SBs are important. You take BJ, Granderson and Martin and you are a leg up and all three have power. Upton did not steal as much after he was hurt and I would think that he would go back to stealing more if healthy next year. jmho!

Ortiz, Martin, and Upton seem like the obvious selections. In a ten team 3 keeper league pitchers will be easy to come by because everyone locks on to the big bats. Dunn will always be available because people are scared of his terrible average and he can also be replaced by someone just as good. Martin gets you 20 bags from the catcher spot, that unheard of.

Dunn, Ortiz, and Verlander. That would be my picks. I can't believe they only let you keep three. That's terrible.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    Other than the 3 keepers you roll over, all other keeper eligble players have to be selected after the 5th round. Also they can be kept for as long as you choose. I took over a team 2 years ago that had owned Ortiz for 2 years before that.

My selections after the 5th round were:
    Round 6 - Felix Hernandez
    R7 - Myers
    R8 - Verlander
    R9 - C.Cordero
    R12 - Martin
    R15 - Escobar
    R22 - Upton
    FA - Granderson, Hardy, Beltre

Combine that with Dunn and Ortiz from the year before. I had kept Delmon Young in hopes that he would have a great season. He had an okay season, but I choose to drop him since I went a span of 2 weeks without starting him. He was later picked up off waivers. I felt I had better options them him.
    Wow... Upton in the 22nd and Granderson as a FA? Given Ortiz's age and injury risk, I think I might vote for a Martin-Upton-Granderson trio. That said, OF is a very deep position, and I'm not sure that Granderson will repeat his numbers.

To me, you have to keep Martin and Upton and then decide between Ortiz and Granderson.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Turn Off Ads?