Thread: Jocketty out in St. Louis...

Jocketty out in St. Louis...

accoring to Lance on 1530.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Re: Jocketty out in St. Louis...

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    accoring to Lance on 1530.
    To be expected. The MLB team has been getting progressively worse, and the farm system is in shambles. Even only bein 1 year removed from a fluke WS title isn't enough to cover up those facts.

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Makes you wonder if Krivs' seat just got a few degrees warmer

better than krivsky

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

better than krivsky
    Eh, Jocketty had a pretty good run, but you give Krivsky one of the highest payrolls in the NL, and 7 years to build up the farm system and I think we'll be pleased with the product as well. We're already shaping up to have one of the better teams come '09 and 2010.

i hope so, i can't wait.

Krivsky's had two seasons and people want to fire him? Hilarioius.

He has yet to trade any major league players or minor league prospects away that have gone on to make him look stupid. Kearns and Lopez? Pa-lease.

Under his regime, Bruce, Bailey, Votto and Cueto have managed to not be "traded" or "rushed". All 4 appear to be major league ready either next season or the season after. When was the last time our minor leagues actually developed that many quality contributing players?

He has acquired Arroyo, Phillips, Hamilton, Burton, Bray, Guardado (when healthy he was good), Keppinger, Gonzalez, Ross and others. He has managed to not trade away Edwin Encarnacion.

Between developing, acquiring, and trading away, I think Krivsky's decisions have been pretty darn good. The fact is, this team was so far in the dumpster that it takes time. Other than EE, our entire infield including catcher has been revamped. If Griffey were to be traded, 2/3's of our outfield would be revamped with Hamilton and Bruce.

What do you people want?

And pitching is the most sought after and hardest thing to acquire in baseball.
    Who's on first?

my interest in jocketty is more for the reason that LaRussa will be more interested if that happens.

my interest in jocketty is more for the reason that LaRussa will be more interested if that happens.
    My thought exactly. I do think he will have intrest if we don't get him though. I don't think the Yankees will fire Torre, the Mets already said they won't fire Randolph. I don't think there will be too many big coaching vacancies.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

BCast will not open up his wallet for these two. I must say I dont want LaRussa to manage the team but I would like it just to irratate Franchester.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Krivsky will not and should not be fired---two years in he doesnt deserve to get run---the LaRussa angle intrigues me as well...how tight were he and Walt; will he walk/or get axed in the wake of Jocketty's release?? On a related note--I thought it was one of the "unwritten rules" that things like GMs getting canned was supposed to wait until after the World Series...

Krivsky doesn't deserve to get fired. Although, if the opportunity is there to hire a better GM who has a track record of winning, then you go for it. This is a business and winning brings in money. All I want is to see the Reds win. I don't care if my favorite player is on the team or if the GM i prefer makes the moves. I'm a Reds fan and whoever give them a better chance of winning is who should get the job(s).

I don't think Krivsky should be fired. I just think that if we are going to get LaRussa we may need to get Jockety. I wouldn't make that move though. I would defenitly take just LaRussa though. Expecially if he brings Dave Duncan with him.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

If it's a package deal with La Russa and Jockety, I say bring 'em in. Say thanks to Kriv for bringing in some talent and wish him luck elsewhere.

I think the most likely fall out from Jockerty leaving the Cards is that it probably seals the deal that LaRussa won't go back there.

I don't think it is a given that either or both will be interested in coming to Cincy immediately. Even if they express interest, Castellini has to be very carefull and certain that he is not bringing in a couple of guys who are past the productive point of their career curves and/ or too burnt out to get the job done.

This may be an oppurtunity for the Reds but it could also be a mine field. Caution is advised.

Turn Off Ads?