Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frank TV? Funny?

Re: Frank TV? Funny?

At least I can flip away during the commercials. Fox makes the announcers tout their new shows and constantly has camera shots of fox show actors in the stands. It drives me absolutely nuts.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I really think "FrankTV" may be one of the small group of shows that could be cancelled before it even airs...really, every thing I hear is how everyone is already sick of it and it hasnt aired one episode yet. If it does make it to air---Caliendo would be smart to do a parody of the TBS over hype...

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this.

How about Craig Sager's suits every night?

Who's dressing him, Andre 3000?

If you haven't noticed them, they get more and more outlandish? It's crazy.

I watched the series premiere tonight...

I thought it was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

I'm not even going to give it a chance.

I hate to make uninformed judgments, but those commercials........

Just can't watch it.

Caliendo's impressions are only good in short segments on the radio. Seeing him takes away from the impression to me.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I watched about 10 minutes. That will last me a lifetime.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

I watched some of it and I'm a fan of his. But this was just bad. It won't last more than a month. I actually felt bad for him.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Holy crap. This series just premiered last night?

It seems like I was sick of the promos about, oh.... six months ago.

Never been impressed with....impressionists....unless parodied, such as SNL. For example, Rich Little could nail anyone from an impression perspective, but he lacked the ability to parody. I don't think he was mean-spirited enough to take it the other step. But this guy, besides the aforementioned overkill, seems to be in the Rich Little vein. I think TBS should stick to reruns and baseball.

Caliendo is perfect for doing bit appearances, a night out for stand up, or part of a big ensemble like SNL. Frank TV is doomed to be out of ideas after 2-3 episodes. Just horrible.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Caliendo is perfect for doing bit appearances, a night out for stand up, or part of a big ensemble like SNL. Frank TV is doomed to be out of ideas after 2-3 episodes. Just horrible.
    I think they were out of ideas before the first episode. I had already seen the first sketch they did before. That was just stupid. I gave up about halfway through the first segment.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I caught some of it last night- it reminded me of MadTV, and not it a good way - with only Frank. I can't see it lasting very long. Some parts were funny, most weren't.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I never watched it, but I hear him on XM on occasion and he's fairly funny on there. Of course that's usually in short doses. I don't know if he's one of those people who could keep my attention for long periods of time.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I saw a standup special the other night. The guy is incredibly talented and entertaining. It's too bad they're wasting the guy's talent on sketch comedy.

Most impressionists do caricatures, and that's entertaining in an entirely different way. His impressions are often dead-on.

Dana Carvey's George Bush Sr. was amusing, but it didn't really sound anything like him. Caliendo's George W. could probably fool members of W's own family.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?