Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Frank TV? Funny?

Re: Frank TV? Funny?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Is it possible to completely overexpose a performer before the show even starts?

I think it is.

His father is the district attorney!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    His father is the district attorney!
    I think this season the phrase is "Dirty...Sexy...Money."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

i like Frank much better as a stand-up where he is one of the funniest people around.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Rich Little...unfortantely still alive...and I am also sick of Frank Caliendo and its still a month and a half away till his little garbage show starts.....Frank is funny in spots....I concur the Jim Rome is killer....but no way he sustains a whole show....Frank is ok up until about after 10 or 15 minutes....then you just want to tell him to go away..

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Here's Frank doing Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU

I had the chance to see Frank about 18 months ago in person - and I was severely disappointed. I'd seen tons on YouTube of his material, and I couldn't wait to go when I found out he was in town. But if you've done a YouTube search for him - that's pretty much his standup act - save yourself the 25 bucks and the two drinks and stay home.

I'm sure his TV show will be more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Here's Frank doing Rome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s8BZjcP3qU

I had the chance to see Frank about 18 months ago in person - and I was severely disappointed. I'd seen tons on YouTube of his material, and I couldn't wait to go when I found out he was in town. But if you've done a YouTube search for him - that's pretty much his standup act - save yourself the 25 bucks and the two drinks and stay home.

I'm sure his TV show will be more of the same.
    That was absolutly hilarious. I still like his Madden impression better.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

That was excellent!
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I have no idea if he can sustain an entire show, but his George Bush impression is off-the-charts good. It's not only the best Bush impression I've ever seen, but the best impression of any president I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4n7WyrB0G8
    Stick to your guns.

Frank Caliendo is freaking hilarious. But I don't see him sustaining a show over time. I give it a few months.The one thing that might sustain him a little longer would be the Presidential election in 2008.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

For a guy who doesn't look like anything George W Bush, his Bush impression, complete with the facials, is really good.

I like impressions, and the ones I've seen him do, he nails them.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007...0310_11_07.txt

Quite Frankly, TBS is ruining the MLB playoffs

By: JOHN MAFFEI - Staff Writer

I've come 180 degrees from last week.

While I still think TBS' actual broadcast of the Major League Baseball playoffs is good, I now find the network's games unwatchable.

The reason, you ask? It's the non-stop promotion of "Frank TV." I've never been a big fan of comedian Frank Caliendo, but have nothing against him, either.

But watching at least one promo for his new show every half inning of every division series game last week on TBS ---- and at times watching the back stop ad boards roll promos for the show ---- have not just soured me on Caliendo and his show, but TBS.

By my unofficial count, TBS aired no less than 300 promos for "Frank TV" during 13 division series games. That number could have doubled if all four series had played out to five games.

And a voice comes on and tells you "For more 'Frank TV' go to TBS.com." It's impossible. There can't be any more "Frank TV".

We've seen it all. There is no reason to watch the show when it debuts in November.

Hey, TBS! Have you ever heard of overkill? If not for reruns of "King of Queens", "Seinfeld", "Friends", "Everybody Loves Raymond" or "The Office", there is no reason to watch TBS. So it has gone overboard on its one original show.

You can't blame Caliendo.

He certainly has some talent, he has a new show, and a network that wants to promote it.

Every network blatantly promotes its shows during big sports events.

During the Super Bowl or World Series, the networks ---- NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox ---- will air up to 75 promos for shows ---- but never more than a dozen for any one program.

And the Super Bowl is a one-day event.

While there are several different "Frank TV" promos, you could catch the same one a dozen times during a game.

The best thing I can say about the division series on TBS is "Thank God, three of four were three and out." TBS has the NLCS, and the strategy won't change ---- "Frank TV" will again be forced down our throats.

But I have the remote handy now, and will quickly flip off "Frank TV" at the end of each inning for the NLCS on TBS.

And I'll stay tuned when a real network ---- Fox ---- has the ALCS.

Thankfully, Fox has the World Series, too.

Yeah, because they would never overhype one of their new shows.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    [url]

This guy must be a fan of unnecessary swoops and swirls and swigglies and sound effects in his broadcast of baseball games. I think TBS is doing a nice job aside from the promotion of FrankTV thing. It's nothing fancy, they don't try to make the broadcast bigger than the game. I can't wait for the opportunity for "Slider" to show me how a curve ball is thrown or listen to Joe Buck making poetic overstatements...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Rich Little- dead oir alive?
    I believe he is alive.
    I think the Repubs tabbed him to be the big comedy speaker at the last White House corespondents dinner. Talk about playing it safe and boring. This was the year after Steve Colbert basically roasted the entire Republican party and press at the same event. The President was not amused.

The Frank TV ads drove me crazy as well.

My other pet peeve is managers being interviewed during games. TBS is certainly no more guilty of this than other networks, but it still bothers me a little.

Don't they have other things they should be doing? What's the gain? Do they think the manager's going to say someting important? I can't imagine one doing so.

It seems like all the arguing we do about how important a manager is could be answered right here. They're so important to the game that they have time to do an interview during a half inning.

I'm also a little tired of the 9-foot lead graphic. But not tired of it to complain too much about it.

Turn Off Ads?