Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Padres waive Brady Clark

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Padres waive Brady Clark

Another bump in the road for the well-traveled Mr. Clark.

http://mets.scout.com/a.z?s=228&p=2&c=687215
    San Diego, CA - The San Diego Padres today claimed infielder Luis Rodriguez off waivers from the Minnesota Twins. The Club also requested waivers on outfielder Brady Clark for the purpose of giving him his unconditional release.

Brady Clark, 34, was signed to a minor league contract by the Padres on August 16 and had his contract purchased from Triple-A Portland on September 1. In 21 games with San Diego, Clark hit .306 (15-for-49), with a double, two triples, six RBI, six runs scored and eight walks. Clark opened the season with the Los Angeles Dodgers and combined to hit .262 (28-for-107) with five doubles, two triples, 11 RBI, 13 runs scored and 14 walks in 68 games overall in 2007.

Over parts of eight Major League seasons with the Cincinnati Reds (2000-02), New York Mets (2002), Milwaukee Brewers (2003-06), Dodgers (2007) and Padres (2007), Clark is a career .278 hitter (557-for-2007) with 97 doubles, seven triples, 36 home runs, 209 RBI, 264 runs scored and 207 walks in 778 games.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 10-05-2007 at 09:50 AM.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Padres waive Brady Clark

Brady shall return!!!

Brady is one of my all time favorite players. My Redszone name, Team Clark, is directly related to Brady Clark. One of the hardest working, classiest players I have ever met. Hope he lands on his feet soon.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Brady shall return!!!

Brady is one of my all time favorite players. My Redszone name, Team Clark, is directly related to Brady Clark. One of the hardest working, classiest players I have ever met. Hope he lands on his feet soon.
    I agree with everything about him. He has been very nice to me in a few occasions I was around him. He even sent me something directly to show his appreciation. I was shocked. Great guy.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

My only memory of seeing him not playing baseball was during spring training, when he was one of five guys (and the only one to reach the Major Leagues) who stuck around to sign autographs for a very long time.

Wow, 34 years old already. Time sure flies.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Wow, 34 years old already. Time sure flies.
    34 is the new 24...

Fortunately Brady is in INCREDIBLE shape. I have been working out for 10 months now and WISHED I looked a 1/3 as good as Brady. Going to take years... How depressing.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

34 - that's what happens when you first get playing time at age 29. He peaked before he even made the majors.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    34 - that's what happens when you first get playing time at age 29. He peaked before he even made the majors.
    Chris Denorfia?
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Chris Denorfia?
    Little early to say that
    Go Gators!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Chris Denorfia?
    Yup. Clark likely lost a few million bucks because the Reds couldn't find him playing time when he was capable of putting up an .800 OPS and play a solid CF.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

He really looked goofy out in center during that 1 game playoff.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Turn Off Ads?