Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Playoff Discussion Friday

  1. #1
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Playoff Discussion Friday

    Wow this has turned into a great game.... bases loaded bottom of the 10th, yanks 1 indians 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    Mariano strikes the Indian player out and they head to the 11th
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Blue Ash
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    2-1 Indians win.

    Yankees down 2-0 in the playoffs. Hilarious. Gotta love it! Love seeing big payroll teams lose.
    Who's on first?

  5. #4
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    Awesome, what a huge result for the Indians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #5
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    I thought for a second that ARod might come through. I guess we should never get our hopes up with him.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  7. #6
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    I'm so glad the Yankees are losing to the Indians. Hopefully they'll get swept.

  8. #7
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,416

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I thought for a second that ARod might come through. I guess we should never get our hopes up with him.
    He gets on base at a .375 clip in the playoffs. He OPSes at .860 as well.

    Yet, in all of 132 ABs in postseason play, you're willing to claim he's not to be trusted. I mean my Goodness, have we lost sight that this is a game where you can fail 6 out of 10 times to get on base and be considered very successful? And that's not to mention the fact that this is still a very small sample size.

    He's not the failure Yankee fans - and the media - make him out to be.
    Last edited by Screwball; 10-06-2007 at 06:19 AM.

  9. #8
    Member redsfan1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    I think I may be starting to crack a little on my hatred of the Tribe....I would still like the Yanks to win (hell, they are my pick to win it all)...but I know a couple of Indians fans, and why not see someone enjoy baseball again....

  10. #9
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    He gets on base at a .375 clip in the playoffs. He OPSes at .860 as well.

    Yet, in all of 132 ABs in postseason play, you're willing to claim he's not to be trusted. I mean my Goodness, have we lost sight that this is a game where you can fail 6 out of 10 times to get on base and be considered very successful? And that's not to mention the fact that this is still a very small sample size.

    He's not the failure Yankee fans - and the media - make him out to be.
    I understand that. If he was such a big failure he would be sitting the bench in the postseason. I just think that a guy tears up the regular season, and dissappoints what seems like every postseason is pretty strange. You usually don't see a player who is good in the regular season just fall off in the postseason. 0 for 4 with 3Ks is terrible. It seems like he does that every postseason with the Yankees. I hope he turns it around.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25