Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Playoff Discussion Friday

Playoff Discussion Friday

Wow this has turned into a great game.... bases loaded bottom of the 10th, yanks 1 indians 1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Playoff Discussion Friday

Mariano strikes the Indian player out and they head to the 11th

2-1 Indians win.

Yankees down 2-0 in the playoffs. Hilarious. Gotta love it! Love seeing big payroll teams lose.

Awesome, what a huge result for the Indians.

I thought for a second that ARod might come through. I guess we should never get our hopes up with him.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Senor Votto

I'm so glad the Yankees are losing to the Indians. Hopefully they'll get swept.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I thought for a second that ARod might come through. I guess we should never get our hopes up with him.
    He gets on base at a .375 clip in the playoffs. He OPSes at .860 as well.

Yet, in all of 132 ABs in postseason play, you're willing to claim he's not to be trusted. I mean my Goodness, have we lost sight that this is a game where you can fail 6 out of 10 times to get on base and be considered very successful? And that's not to mention the fact that this is still a very small sample size.

He's not the failure Yankee fans - and the media - make him out to be.
    Last edited by Screwball; 10-06-2007 at 05:19 AM.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I think I may be starting to crack a little on my hatred of the Tribe....I would still like the Yanks to win (hell, they are my pick to win it all)...but I know a couple of Indians fans, and why not see someone enjoy baseball again....

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    He gets on base at a .375 clip in the playoffs. He OPSes at .860 as well.

Yet, in all of 132 ABs in postseason play, you're willing to claim he's not to be trusted. I mean my Goodness, have we lost sight that this is a game where you can fail 6 out of 10 times to get on base and be considered very successful? And that's not to mention the fact that this is still a very small sample size.

He's not the failure Yankee fans - and the media - make him out to be.
    I understand that. If he was such a big failure he would be sitting the bench in the postseason. I just think that a guy tears up the regular season, and dissappoints what seems like every postseason is pretty strange. You usually don't see a player who is good in the regular season just fall off in the postseason. 0 for 4 with 3Ks is terrible. It seems like he does that every postseason with the Yankees. I hope he turns it around.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?