10 17.24%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the Heisman

part of BBN

Re: Who will win the Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Enjoy it.

You've got six days left.
    I love the confidence but lets not get too overconfident !

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mike Hart, hopefully the injury isnt too bad. No one player means more to his team and the numbers are there.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Brian Brohm=Tim Couch.

Both great heralded Kentucky QB's, but in their final year couldn't help their teams get to the grand stage. If I remember correctly, Couch finished like second or third in the Heisman race to Charles Woodson.
    Yeah, I have to disagree with your reasoning. Brian Brohm has done more than his share to help Louisville win and win big. Unless you think he should play defense, it's out of his hands. So, yes, Brohm has done PLENTY to help his team.

As a QB, Brian Brohm > Andre' Woodson.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by AccordinglyReds View Post
    Yeah, I have to disagree with your reasoning. Brian Brohm has done more than his share to help Louisville win and win big. Unless you think he should play defense, it's out of his hands. So, yes, Brohm has done PLENTY to help his team.

As a QB, Brian Brohm > Andre' Woodson.
    Woodson's game management as well as leadership has impressed me greatly this season. The one problem I have seen however is he has been underthrowing alot of passes. Of course many of the ones he underthrows, Johnson or Burton come back and get so maybe they have a thing worked out between them
    Anyway, here is how a couple of people(or scouts) view things.

1. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky, 6-5, 224 pounds, 4.78 (40-yard dash)

Entering the 2006 season, Woodson was fighting for a starting job. After leading the SEC in passing yards per game (270.4) and passing touchdowns (31), Woodson is now not only a front-runner for the Heisman, but among the handful of senior prospects competing to be the first overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Woodson has the size and arm scouts are looking for, and his ability to read defenses and accurately attack all levels of the field has drawn comparisons from South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier to Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer.

Brian Brohm (AP)
    2. Brian Brohm, Louisville, 6-3, 227, 4.79

Considered one of the elite QB talents since earning Conference USA Freshman of the Year accolades in 2004. Has mind-boggling production in this system, throwing for 41 touchdowns against only 12 interceptions as an underclassman.

Scouts understandably love his production and acknowledge his accuracy, understanding of defenses and leadership. However, some question whether his ability is inflated by the Louisville offense.

Also according to NFLDraftscouts.com

1: Andre' Woodson
    2: Matt Ryan
    3: Brian Brohm

Mel Kiper has:
    1: Matt Ryan
    2: Brian Brohm
    3: Andre' Woodson

Now I am not a Uof L fan by no means but if I had the #1 pick and selecting a QB, I dont know who I would take "right now".
    Brohm is listed at 6-3 but he seems alot shorter when watching him on field.
    Ryan, I would like to see what he does the rest of the year.
    Woodson is leading and managing well although I still dont think he is "throwing" the ball as well as last year.

All these are only people's opinions as yours also but that is what makes debating fun.

I love Woodson, but comparing him to Palmer seems like a reach to me.

Okay so who's the front-runner now? The Dixon kid from Oregon? Ryan from BC?

Those two seem like they'd be the front-runners at this point...

I don't think there's any doubt that it's Dennis Dixon. He's a fantstic player.

Personally, I don't think Tebow should even be in the conversation. He's a good player and all, but he's much had a lot of hype to help him out. He's a year away from serious Heisman contention, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Andre' Woodson.

I wonder if that QB from Oregon could be a darkhorse candidate? That kid is money and he is in the perfect offense to showcase his abilities.
    Not that I like to toot my own horn or anything.

part of BBN

Not that I like to toot my own horn or anything.
    Okay I will do it for ya, Toot Toot !!

Quote Originally Posted by rocko View Post
    Okay I will do it for ya, Toot Toot !!

At this point I'd have to guess Dixon. Stick the fork in Tebow, he's done after today. None of the other contenders did a whole lot this week, so Dixon moves to the head of the class, if he wasn't already there.

Dixon has helped his Heisman chances tonight by throwing for 189 yards, 4 touchdowns and also rushing for 57 yards in leading his team to a 35-16 lead over undefeated ASU team late in the 4th quarter.

I do not think the award should be given this year. The season is so devoid of superstars, the media cannot even find someone to hype. Just one of those years, but there really is no Wow factor players this year. That a QB from Kentucky is even in the conversation is evidence enough :

Darren McFadden 323 rushing yards against a stingy USC defense?

Hand the trophy over now..

Arkansas has lost three games and will most likely lose one more, maybe two more. I don't think the Heisman trophy should go to a player on a team that loses four+ games.

Dixon threw for 4 TD's and against a very stingy Arizona State defense.

Turn Off Ads?