• DeSean Jackson(WR-Cal)

3 5.17%
  • Other Option

10 17.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who will win the Heisman

Re: Who will win the Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Arkansas has lost three games and will most likely lose one more, maybe two more. I don't think the Heisman trophy should go to a player on a team that loses four+ games.

Dixon threw for 4 TD's and against a very stingy Arizona State defense.
    I REALLY hate this idea. I mean, it's one of my biggest pet peeves in sports. The Heisman has never, nor should it ever be, and MVP trophy. It's one of the things that makes it different. The Heisman trophy has alwasy gone to the most outstanding player in college football. Team has nothing to do with it. In porofessional sports, I totally get why the MVP should go to a guy who's team is in the hunt. But not the Heisman. It was never intended to be an MVP trophy. I really think it loses much of its luster if it turns into a team award. College football is so different in that there are so many teams and kids go to schools for a number of different reasons, that some times the best players wind up on not so good teams. If you restrict the Heisman to players only on good teams, you're ruling out most of the college football players out there.

So please, let the Heisman be about outstanding football, and not just about playing on a good team. Darren McFadden definitely deserves to be in the conversation. He's a phenomenal talent and changes the nature of every game he plays in. So he can't overcome playing on a team with a bad defense. So what. That's not his fault. Does that make him not deserving of an award that's supposed to be about just being an outstanding player? NO way, IMO.

I still think Dixon is the winner, but it's really distrubing to me that the Heisman is well on it's way to becoming a team award. I really think college football loses something if this happens.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Dixon.

I definitely think McFadden is one fo the top two or three players in the country, however, I just think Dixon deserves it more. Oregon would not be where they are right now without him. Arkansas, OTOH, would probably have the same record without DM with Felix Jones in the wings.

Turn Off Ads?