Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hockey team allows bloggers big time access

Hockey team allows bloggers big time access

When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Hockey team allows bloggers big time access

Gotta win back fans somehow.

How many people really know the NHL is 4 games deep into the regular season already?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

How many people really know the NHL is 4 games deep into the regular season already?

of course, i'm a season ticket holder in buffalo.

most of the hockey news i get is from bloggers on hockeybuzz.com
    Last edited by deltachi8; 10-08-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

My fantasy hockey team is looking at another year in the cellar -- its Malkin and a bunch of schmoes on skates.

Having said that, the NHL is in serious trouble -- their TV deal sucks something fierce, ticket prices are still too high, and the sport has fallen into 6th place on the national radar behind the NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR and Golf.

It really is a pity too, because professional hockey is probably the most exciting live sporting event you can attend, IMO.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    My fantasy hockey team is looking at another year in the cellar -- its Malkin and a bunch of schmoes on skates.

Having said that, the NHL is in serious trouble -- their TV deal sucks something fierce, ticket prices are still too high, and the sport has fallen into 6th place on the national radar behind the NFL, MLB, NBA, NASCAR and Golf.

It really is a pity too, because professional hockey is probably the most exciting live sporting event you can attend, IMO.
    I think they made the mistake of rapid expansion and chasing money outside core markets. Hockey was much more interesting when you had teams like the Winnipeg Jets, Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. I can't help but think that hockey fans in those markets have just turned to minor league hockey or entertain themselves in other ways.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

I love attending Hockey live, but when the Coyotes moved from America West to their new home, they took away the one cheap option you had to go see a game.

Other than extreme nosebleed in the corners of the arena - you're still talking about 25 a piece to go to a game just for the seats - add in parking & gas and a drink- and I'm sorry - you lose out on a good chunk of fans. For a sport that is still relatively new in town and struggling for a fan base, that's a pretty stupid move. The base ticket price alone is above the average ticket price for a baseball game. The Coyotes are lucky to get 10k real ticket buyers with who knows how many they give away or eat to bump those numbers up.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I think they made the mistake of rapid expansion and chasing money outside core markets. Hockey was much more interesting when you had teams like the Winnipeg Jets, Quebec Nordiques and Hartford Whalers. I can't help but think that hockey fans in those markets have just turned to minor league hockey or entertain themselves in other ways.
    Exactly.

Contract some teams, get a more competitive league, and lower ticket prices. Follow that, and maybe they can regain their status compared to other pro sports.

Me.... I've already seen three games myself.

I saw the 2nd NHL regular season game this season in London

I've been to two Thrasher games (one preseason, and the season debut). Got to see them raise their Southeastern division banner to the roof of Phillips Arena, which I have to admit was pretty awesome.
    Too bad they've stunk in both regular season games so far this year.

I had a ticket for tomorrow's game, but due to some stuff at work I'm having to pass.

I love me some Thrashers.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I love me some Thrashers.
    Well I love me some Blue Jackets!!! Leclaire is on a roll!!! 2-0, with 2 SO. I believe that we are going to be pretty good this year, we beat the defending Stanley Cup champs on Opening Night. And we handled Phoenix the whole game on Weds. I'm very excited to see what happens this season!
    Let's make some noise!

Turn Off Ads?