There may be some merit to your thought there. I only regularly make time to watch two shows. Heroes, which I am slowly but surely kicking the habit (the whole Hiro, Englishman, Ancient Hot Chick triangle is helping me lose interest) and Dexter. I think DirecTV is doing some kind of free Showtime too...I've been getting it for 2 months and it doesn't appear on my bill. But in that short time I've really become attached to that show. The whole 'even if you are basically evil you can still find a way to become a useful member of society' thing appeals to me for some reason. Really cool idea for a show, I just wouldn't want my kids watching it. All other shows I just watch whatever looks best at the moment I'm in front of the TV prepared to burn some time relaxing. You know, Extreme Engineering, Good Eats, Wheel of Fortune, any sporting event, Dog Whisperer, News, old Seinfeld episodes, etc. Even CNN had something called 'Planet in Peril' on the other day, so everybody's getting in on the act...I thought they did quick news stories?? So yes, I watch more Showtime original programming than HBO.