Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Looks like LaRussa is out...

Looks like LaRussa is out...

just heard on espn news he is waiting to tell st. louis whether he's coming back based on what happens in New York. I assume this means he's not interested in the Cincinnati job.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Looks like LaRussa is out...

Time to call Davey Johnson.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    just heard on espn news he is waiting to tell st. louis whether he's coming back based on what happens in New York. I assume this means he's not interested in the Cincinnati job.

Why us everybody so gaga to see Tony Larussa manage the Reds? The guy's got the personality of an undertaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Why us everybody so gaga to see Tony Larussa manage the Reds? The guy's got the personality of an undertaker.
    A drunk undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    A drunk undertaker
    And one who knows how to win.

not to mention thats what this team needs. if you don't play baseball "the right way" like jerry narron always said, LaRussa actually does something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    And one who knows how to win.
    Huh? LaRoofie had a line up in Oakland that shoulda' beat the world! Instead, he was out-managed and over-confident and a little Red bicycle whupped his stars in '90! (This is no endorsement for Loogie either). LaRussa is an over-rated, pompous A** that the Yanks deserve. Brenly, or bring back Pete.The great main Spark put it best, the manager might make the difference at best 3-4 games a year. But of course a Mgr. can motivate the players if they find him credible. Reds don't need to spend $3 mil+ for a manager, when they should be spending every spare dollar they have on securing the players they need, and finding pitching somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Huh? LaRoofie had a line up in Oakland that shoulda' beat the world! Instead, he was out-managed and over-confident and a little Red bicycle whupped his stars in '90! (This is no endorsement for Loogie either).
    -A .534 carrer winning record as a manager (2375-2070).
    -4-time manager of the year for 3 different teams.
    -2 World Championships, 1 of them managing a mediocre Cardinals team in 2006.
    -12 division titles amongst 3 different teams.
    -5 World Series appearances.
    -Many fail to recognize what he did while with the White Sox managing some mediocre teams. A .506 winning percentage in 8 seasons with Chicago.

The numbers do not lie. You can call him every name in the book or mock him in any you want, but his numbers are indisputable.

I guess the Yankees would love to have him. Maybe him and Dave Duncan can turn that bullpen into something decent. I think that Joba could really benefit from a good pitching coach, not saying that their current pitching coach, I think Ron Guidry, is not good.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I guess the Yankees would love to have him. Maybe him and Dave Duncan can turn that bullpen into something decent. I think that Joba could really benefit from a good pitching coach, not saying that their current pitching coach, I think Ron Guidry, is not good.

I thought Jimmy V told the ref a whole list of curses in that line.

If Ducan goes to Skankys how about Guidry to Reds?

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    If Ducan goes to Skankys how about Guidry to Reds?
    That may be possible. I hope he would come to Cincinnati. I would rather have him as a bullpen coach though, because I havn't heard many rave reviews on Tom Hume this season.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

here's to hoping the Cardinals continue to slide downward
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

Quote Originally Posted by TDHND View Post
    here's to hoping the Cardinals continue to slide downward
    Nah, I want some competition when the Reds get to the top.
    -LTlabner

Turn Off Ads?