Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Managerial Candidates

Managerial Candidates

Can someone give me a rundown of the candidates so far? We know Mackanin is one but who else has interviewed?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Managerial Candidates

There hasn't been any official interviews yet, only speculation of potential candidates. Expect the ball to start rolling after the World Series.

I would find it hard to believe there hasn't been interviews already. I would guess that those situations occurred somewhere other than Cincy to avoid the pub', like somewhere convenient to whoever they might have talked to. BC has a fancy private jet that can fly anywhere for whatever reason. Anybody know his pilot(s)? You might get some interesting info as to where and whom they've seen lately! A lot of the names that have been thrown around already have at least a sketch of the City, and anybody who publicly comes in to interview, it's probably at least a 2nd interview

Managerial search update

With Tony LaRussa's decision potentially weeks away, would the Reds be willing to delay their managerial decision that long to see if he's available?

Neither GM Wayne Krivsky nor CEO Bob Castellini would put a timetable on the hiring Wednesday.

"We're going through the process," Krivsky said from the team's facility in the Sarasota, where he's attending the club's organizational meetings.

Krivsky did say he has not talked to interim manager Pete Mackanin any further, and declined to say name names as far as outside candidates.

The Reds have spoken to at least one minority candidate, as is mandated by Major League Baseball.

If the Reds go outside for the hire, it's likely to be someone with major league experience. The club is known to have interest in Joe Girardi and Bob Brenly.

Girardi's agent, Steve Mandrell, would not comment Wednesday. Brenly confirmed his interest in the job in September.

The big-name minority candidate who's available is Dusty Baker, the former Chicago Cub and San Francisco Giant manager. Baker is working as an analyst for ESPN. His agent, Greg Genske, did not return a call Wednesday.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/redsinsider/

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I would find it hard to believe there hasn't been interviews already. I would guess that those situations occurred somewhere other than Cincy to avoid the pub', like somewhere convenient to whoever they might have talked to. BC has a fancy private jet that can fly anywhere for whatever reason. Anybody know his pilot(s)? You might get some interesting info as to where and whom they've seen lately! A lot of the names that have been thrown around already have at least a sketch of the City, and anybody who publicly comes in to interview, it's probably at least a 2nd interview
    The playoff series venues, like the NCAA roundball tourney site, function as job fairs for folks seeking employment at all levels of baseball. In this case with Krivsky apparently ensconsed at the Reds' training facilities (as per Mr. Fay's blog), who if anyone is out working them for the Reds?

And of course in this day and age a lot of first and even second round interviews in many industries are held via phone, teleconferencing, or video conferencing. In a somewhat closed industry like baseball where most of these guys have at the least already met each other and often know each other very well, it is not at all inconceivable they would whittle the field all the way down to a very select group of finalists before conducting face to face interviews.

I have mixed feelings about this whole situation.
    Chris Sabo is my All-Time favorite Red

Turn Off Ads?