Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I guess there's crying in baseball after all... Yanks announcer cries on air...

I guess there's crying in baseball after all... Yanks announcer cries on air...

How unprofessional can you get???

We might gripe about the Poofy-haired Fancy-boy, but at least he's never started with the waterworks on air!

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...following.html

WAHHHHHHHhhhhhhh

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I guess there's crying in baseball after all... Yanks announcer cries on air...

Skip to 1:40 in to get to the good stuff.

It lasts for about 2 1/2 minutes or so... don't know why someone couldn't have edited that clip down to the boohooing.
    Last edited by WMR; 10-10-2007 at 06:47 PM.

Re: I guess there's crying in baseball after all... Yanks announcer cries on air...

I love when Opie, Anthony, and Jimmy Norton trash her. She stinks...

Oh My Goodness Gracious!!! Of All The Dramatic Things I Have Ever Seen, Suzyn Waldman Standing There At The Press Conference Crying Her Eyes Out.

Haha what a loser.

I have no clue why she would cry. Why isn't she usto those first round playoff ousters yet?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I didn't see the press conference,but the radio broadcast doesn't seem that funny.She's just emotional about her team,heck she started out by saying she cry's at Cinderella.The lady probably developed deep working relationships over the decade with a lot of the people in the Yankee's organization.Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye,kind of like the Reds playoff hopes every year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I have no clue why she would cry. Why isn't she usto those first round playoff ousters yet?
    i wish we were.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    How unprofessional can you get???

We might gripe about the Poofy-haired Fancy-boy, but at least he's never started with the waterworks on air!

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/...following.html

WAHHHHHHHhhhhhhh
    Franchester cried on air at Joe's "last game" on air if I remember right. There is nothing wrong with people showing emotion although Susan Waldman does go a bit overboard.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

She also got quite emotional when Roger Clemens announced he was returning to the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    i wish we were.
    Yeah. I would probably cry if the Reds were in the playoffs and got knocked out, because those oppertunities don't come around here much. The Yankees should really be usto it though. Since 2001 they havn't really put a WS calliber team on the field. I understand that they always have talent, but you can usually tell when a team has that swagger in their step. They havn't had that lately, because they are always fighting to get back in the race.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Please, don't take this as a defense of Waldman or the Yankees, but she wasn't crying because of the loss, she was crying because it may have been Torre's last game as the Yankee manager.

"The idea that I can't choke up because a man I went through cancer with 11 years ago is going to lose his job and I was describing his coaches crying? It's absolutely ludicrous."

Susan Waldman
    Newsday 10/10/07

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Waldman is a godawful announcer...a horrible choice to supposedly "advance" women in the male sports world...

Who cried when Old Yeller died? Come on, come on.............(raise your hands)

Turn Off Ads?