Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Leo Mazzone -- worth a look?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Leo Mazzone -- worth a look?

Things weren't great in Baltimore....but we all know how he did with the Braves...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3060643

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Leo Mazzone -- worth a look?

That's probably up to Dusty...

I'd go for it.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Pass. Big time.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    If Dusty lands here (please let it not happen) then Pole should be safe
    Go Gators!

I posted this idea on one of the managerial threads. I think he would be more valuable than any manager. He has worked his magic with the gifted like Maddux, Schmoltz, and Glavine, but also with the far less gifted like Denny Naegle, Kent Mercker, Jaret Wright, John Burkett, and Damian Moss.

I'd put him in charge of the pitching for the entire organization.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Please, I've had diarrhea ever since this Dusty Baker rumor started. I've had to miss work, order out, not allow anyone in my apartment, all because I can't leave the bathroom. Please, let this rumor be untrue.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    Please, I've had diarrhea ever since this Dusty Baker rumor started. I've had to miss work, order out, not allow anyone in my apartment, all because I can't leave the bathroom. Please, let this rumor be untrue.
    You too? And I am not even joking..

My Daughter brought home the stomach flu from school. So now everyone has it... naturally.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post

My Daughter brought home the stomach flu from school. So now everyone has it... naturally.
    Wait untl Wayne brings home the Dusty flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post

My wife is a first grade teacher, she brings it all home!
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Take heart, I've heard from some other husbands of teachers that eventually your body will be immune to pretty much everything
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    God bless you!! I get upset when I find out from my daughter that kids are sent to school throwing up. I can only imagine what your wife goes through.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?