Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball keeper help

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Baseball keeper help

I'm in a 9 team NL only roto league. It's 4X4 with Avg, HR, RBI, SB
    W, S, ERA, WHIP. I'm not crazy about this 4X4 format but they won't listen to my lobbying

I need to keep 3 hitters and 3 pitchers from the following:

C-Russell Martin
    1B-Adam LaRoche
    2B-Rickie Weeks
    3B-Mark DeRosa
    SS-Jose Reyes
    MI-JJ Hardy
    CI-Berkman
    OF-Luis Gonzalez
    OF-Andruw Jones
    OF-Ryan Ludwick
    OF-Jayson Werth
    OF-Josh Willingham
    Ut-Joey Votto

P-Heath Bell
    P-Jon Broxton
    P-Dave Bush
    P-Matt Capps
    P-Franklin Morales
    P-Micah Owings
    P-John Smoltz
    P-Adam Wainwright
    P-Chris Young (SD)

Bench-
    Morgan Ensberg, Jeff Conine, Josh Hamilton, Ruben Gotay, Brian Fuentes, Tom Gordon

if I had to pick right now, and I don't, I would go with Reyes, Martin, Berkman, Wainwright, Smoltz, and Young.

2nd tier-Hamilton, Willingham, Hardy, Weeks, LaRoche, Andruw, and Capps

Thoughts?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball keeper help

The six you picked look pretty good.

Watch and see what the Dodgers do with Broxton. If they decide to make him the closer next season, I'd keep him ahead of Wainwright.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

How does the keeper picks work out, do you lose the spot that they were drafted in or do you just keep 3 of each. period. That makes a big difference, if it is just a flat out, no charge, keeper set-up, you pick your 3 most valued players, or best. period. No positional glances,etc. If draft positions, payroll, etc is a factor, then you keep your best values. Keep players who will optimize dollars which may make Votto a better keeper than Martin, if you drafted Martin round 7 and Votto Round 16, etc. When do you have to make your selections? If it is just before your draft, wait until you make your pre-season rankings next year and choose the 3 players on your current roster which are ranked the highest on your pre-draft rankings.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tripleaaaron View Post
    How does the keeper picks work out, do you lose the spot that they were drafted in or do you just keep 3 of each. period. That makes a big difference, if it is just a flat out, no charge, keeper set-up, you pick your 3 most valued players, or best. period. No positional glances,etc. If draft positions, payroll, etc is a factor, then you keep your best values. Keep players who will optimize dollars which may make Votto a better keeper than Martin, if you drafted Martin round 7 and Votto Round 16, etc. When do you have to make your selections? If it is just before your draft, wait until you make your pre-season rankings next year and choose the 3 players on your current roster which are ranked the highest on your pre-draft rankings.
    it's a straight keeper-3 & 3. Not an auction, no draft positions just a regular keeper league. I understand that I want to keep my 3 best for the league settings, I'm trying to get opinions on whether people might take the risk of a Hamilton or maybe risk that Andruw will bounce back or if Broxton will be the closer (as was mentioned), or if Hardy can mash for a full season, etc. Thanks for the help
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

I would keep Broxton instead of Wainright. I say that without looking at any stats. Broxton is a beast.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I would consider keeping Andruw Jones. The key word is "consider". I mean, you know, the law of large numbers or whatever . . .

I would definitely keep the six you already selected. I don't think I would even consider keeping Hamilton. You can easily draft him again in the late rounds. People are not going to be jumping at the chance to get him.

Turn Off Ads?