Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

Re: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I really think there will be no undefeated teams this season and there will be more controversy then ever about who should be in the title game.
    You know, I'm really to the point where I'd almost be fine with OSU losing to Michigan if it contributed in any way to bringing down the ridiculous BCS system.

Give me 8 BCS Conference teams with one loss and watch the circus act unfold. Should be fun.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    You know, I'm really to the point where I'd almost be fine with OSU losing to Michigan if it contributed in any way to bringing down the ridiculous BCS system.

Give me 8 BCS Conference teams with one loss and watch the circus act unfold. Should be fun.
    Are you serious?

Register, you are an OSU grad, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Are you serious?

Register, you are an OSU grad, right?
    Yep.

But that's how much I've come to loathe the BCS.

(And note I didn't say I'd "rejoice" in a Uof M victory--just that I might be inclined to accept it as a contribution towards the "greater good".)

Yep.

But that's how much I've come to loathe the BCS.

(And note I didn't say I'd "rejoice" in a Uof M victory--just that I might be inclined to accept it as a contribution towards the "greater good".)
    I might be willing to give up my firstborn before that. That's just crazy talk.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Gallant gesture, but I don't think it would help. What I do think it will take is one or two non-BCS schools going undefeated, getting excluded from the NC game and suing. We might see one piece of that puzzle fall into place if Hawaii can win out and not too many of the teams above them drop another game. Ohio State losing would be counterproductive to that scenario.
    /r/reds

Ohio State of course.
    And the BCS is just fine and dandy. I'll take 12 game regular seasons over stupid playoff crapshoots. But we've been over this many many times before.

I'd also take 162 game regular seasons with the two top teams from each league in the World Series. If you want the "true" best team to win that is what you would do. Business doesn't allow it though.

And rooting for TOSU to lose to Michigan for any reason is just dumb. I'll let you rethink your position and hopefully you come to your senses.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Gallant gesture, but I don't think it would help. What I do think it will take is one or two non-BCS schools going undefeated, getting excluded from the NC game and suing. We might see one piece of that puzzle fall into place if Hawaii can win out and not too many of the teams above them drop another game. Ohio State losing would be counterproductive to that scenario.
    Nah, Hawaii would find themselves in the same boat as Tulane, TCU and Boise St. Undefeated, all dressed up, but nowhere to go.

I still think that the best chance of BCS Chaos is to have teams like OSU, LSU, USC, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Oregon, South Florida and Boston College ALL with one loss. Of course, it wasn't that long ago that LUS, USC and Oklahoma all went undefeated, and somehow the BCS lived on...so maybe nothing can bring down the behemothic turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    And rooting for TOSU to lose to Michigan for any reason is just dumb.
    Oh, OK. Thanks for setting me straight on that one.

Oh, OK. Thanks for setting me straight on that one.
    Sure as hell needed it. I would never in a million years root for Ohio State to lose any game, much less Michigan. And I definately wouldn't do it for a crapshoot playoff. Playoffs stink in every sport and ruining the true unique nature of CFB is just absurd, IMO.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Sure as hell needed it. I would never in a million years root for Ohio State to lose any game, much less Michigan.
    Thanks dad. You sure showed me!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I might be willing to give up my firstborn before that. That's just crazy talk.
    Yeah, probably it is...but so is using complex computer algorithms to determine your champion. College football is like the bizarro world of athletics.

Playoffs stink in every sport and ruining the true unique nature of CFB is just absurd, IMO.
    I know most will disagree with me but I like the current BCS setup. It gives me greater interest in every single game because I know one loss makes it nearly impossible to make the championship game. I also enjoy the other major bowls and the opportunities to see the conference champs play each other. As a Louisville fan and casual OSU fan, every one of their games is exciting to me because its sudden death. A playoff would have its advantages, but it would also diminish a great regular season where every game matters.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    It gives me greater interest in every single game because I know one loss makes it nearly impossible to make the championship game.
    Not this year it doesn't.

Not this year it doesn't.
    It happens. This is a truly abnormal year. I think even a 4 or 8 team playoff would generate significant controversy because of the immense parity. And while we may have two one loss teams in the championship game this year that still doesn't change my feelings about the BCS. I know you disagree with me but regardless I enjoy the BCS games each year and I'm sure I will this year as well.

Is anyone deserving of the title this year?

Conference play has revealed a lot of parity as the Big East, SEC, PAC-10, and Big 12 are all beating up on themselves. Is this the year of mediocrity in college football? OSU has been heavily criticized but everyone else has disappointed while they've done as expected. Although, the way things are going they might lose to MSU today.

Turn Off Ads?