Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

USF deserved the #1 spot....

Until this week.

However, one could argue that based on schedules (college basketball does it) USF or LSU may still deserve it....

I like the Bucks, but they haven't played anyone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What about West Virginia? No one has talked about them since they lost to South Florida but they continue to dominate with that dynamic offense. They've scored 21 points in nine minutes against Mississippi St. today. This is essentially the same team that has played impressively the past two years and would likely be undefeated if Pat White hadn't gotten injured in the 1st half against USF.

Maybe the title of this thread should be "Who Is No.2?"

#6 South Carolina goes down to Vanderbilt
    #7 Kentucky goes down to Florida
    #12 California loses to UCLA (I really called this one)

West Virginia is looking tough.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    And rooting for TOSU to lose to Michigan for any reason is just dumd.
    This statement actually underscores my own personal reason for rooting for the College of Columbus™ to lose to Michigan:

It would make a lot of people really mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    Playoffs stink in every sport and ruining the true unique nature of CFB is just absurd, IMO.
    You're right, I hate the excitement, drama, and compelling matchups of March Madness too.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Off topic but Oregon has rushed for nearly 500 yards tonight. Wow.

I totally get what reg is saying. Of course, it's all completely hypothetical and fantasy, but if you could promise me that by Ohio State losing to Michigan and costing them a National Championship, that the BCS would be abolished and a playoff instituted, I'd take the deal. I loather the BCS as much as anything in all of sports.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

As much as I dislike OSU - they keep winning so they are the defacto No. 1.

I wouldn't be shocked to see everyone outside of Honolulu lose at least once this season. What a delightful mess for the BCS to sort out.

Once again LSU's refs cheat for them. Pathetic. Les Miles whines and cries so much that he now has refs on his side. I'm tired of referees deciding the outcomes of games.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    As much as I dislike OSU - they keep winning so they are the defacto No. 1.

I wouldn't be shocked to see everyone outside of Honolulu lose at least once this season. What a delightful mess for the BCS to sort out.
    I understand why peope don't like OSU. I really do. But I continue to be amazed that no one wants to actually admit that they're a damn good team. They're good. They're REAL good. You don't have to like them, but at least admit that they're good. Regardless of who they've played, they've LOOKED excellent all year. If you haven't actually sat and watched them a couple of times this year, you should not be discrediting them as a team. If you're doing nothing more than looking at their schedule and assuming they must not be very good, you're sorely mistaken. I've seen all the top tier teams play at least once this year, and there isn't one of them I look at think OSU couldn't play with them. They might not win, but there's nobody out there who's clearly better.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Once again LSU's refs cheat for them. Pathetic. Les Miles whines and cries so much that he now has refs on his side. I'm tired of referees deciding the outcomes of games.
    I watched the entire second half of that game, and I'm not sure what calls you're referring to? is it the bad spot? That's the only thing I can think of that had an impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I watched the entire second half of that game, and I'm not sure what calls you're referring to? is it the bad spot? That's the only thing I can think of that had an impact on the game.
    Yes, that spot. It should have been 4th down. It was even close and they gave him the first down. Pathetic. And on LSU's first TD of the 4th quarter, they threw a flag on LSU and then after reviewing the play they waved the flag off. You can't do that. But the spot was mainly what I was referring to. How pathetic. Tuberville made some horrible coaching decisions and dserved to lose because of them, but that doesn't give the refs the right to screw them like they did.

It would have been 4th and less than a yard. It probably didn't make much difference.

And what about that cheap shot on Dorsey by the Auburn offensive lineman. That was as dirty a hit as I've seen. Would Auburn have been able to drive down late in that game with Dorsey in the game. The Auburn QB had all day to throw that drive. I doubt that happens with Dorsey in the game. Auburn's offense is pretty bad.

Steve Spurrier threw a shot at OSU in his press conference: "If Vandy had scheduled some cream puffs, they'd be 6-0, just like Ohio State."

Spurrier now 14-1 versus Vandy.

I do recognize that there are some good offenses in the Pac-10, but does ANYONE know how to play defense out there?

USC found a way to shut down the offensive behemoth that is Notre Dame.

Turn Off Ads?