Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

Re: Who Should Be #1 In College Football?

Who's the LSU homer voting in the AP poll?
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    No freaking kidding. I hate LSU. They lose and only drop three spots?!? Are you kidding me? Meanwhile Kentucky only jumped four spots?

He probably mailed in his ballot around the five minute mark of the second quarter yesterday.

Like I have said before, their is no rhyme or reason to this BCS mess. A South Florida/Hawaii national championship game might finally bring this mess to its knees.

I have not been a big OSU guy all season, I saw them as young and undertalented on offense. Now I see them as a great defense, with at least an adequate offense, and good, not great, special teams. Provided they survive the rest of their schedule, considering that all the other teams can't survive theirs, why throw all the darts at them? If Florida, USC, Cal, Michigan, etc etc etc, can lose to supposedly inferior opponents, why take the shots at Ohio State for at least surviving. Stanford, Oregon State, Auburn, Appalacian State, aren't the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. Sometimes the year chooses you.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    A South Florida/Hawaii national championship game might finally bring this mess to its knees.
    The fix seems to be in to prevent that scenario. The poll voters keeping Hawaii in the second 10 is doing its part to keep the BCS party exclusive. Hawaii deserves to be ranked higher, but at this rate, they'll never see #2 in '07, even if they run the table.
    /r/reds

Not sure why USF is being brought into this. Just because they aren't a "name"? Their resume is probably the best of anyone right now. People shouldn't even use USF in the same sentence as Hawaii.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

If OSU has any sort of talent, they should have no problem walking to the National Title game. They probably have the most favorable schedule of the remaining unbeatens, and they also have the luxury of the B11 still refusing to schedule a conference championship game.

BC has VaTech on the road, but nothing else difficult to speak of on their schedule. USF has, arguably, the toughest road with Rutgers on the road, home with Cincinnati, and home with Louisville.

I'll go out on a limb and say, of the 1 loss teams, I'm most impressed with Oregon.

But really, this year is so screwy there is no number 1 team in my mind.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

The Big 11 can't schedule a conference championship game. You have to have 12 teams to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The Big 11 can't schedule a conference championship game. You have to have 12 teams to do that.
    I suppose you could just schedule an extra game where #1 and #2 play each other at the end of the year.

Or, you could get an even number of programs.

I don't like the idea of conference championship games. I'm glad the Big Ten doesn't have it. I think the rest of the conferences should do away with them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't like the idea of conference championship games. I'm glad the Big Ten doesn't have it. I think the rest of the conferences should do away with them.
    I kind of agree with you.

Personally I liked it better pre-BCS.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree -- I just think it should go completely one way or the other. Either everyone has them, or nobody does.

I think any conference that doesn't have a round robin schedule (everyone plays everyone else) should have one

A chapionship game that is
    Last edited by KronoRed; 10-14-2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Go Gators!

In the current system, Ohio State should be number 1.

I'd love to see two things:
    1. A playoff
    2. The elimination of this ridiculous overtime system. Play something that doesn't resemble a soccer shootout, or go back to having ties.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    2. The elimination of this ridiculous overtime system. Play something that doesn't resemble a soccer shootout, or go back to having ties.
    I wish they would start each team at the 50, make them have to mount a drive of some sort.
    Go Gators!

I wish they would start each team at the 50, make them have to mount a drive of some sort.
    Why not just play the current NFL system with the caveat that each team has to get at least one possession.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?