At least he made it to the World Series

Re: baker lost a whole world series

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I'll take a World Series apperance over the performances we have seen out of the Reds any day.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Same people Bashing Baker now will be loving him in a year....not that we will make the playoffs but we will be a lot better

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    Same people Bashing Baker now will be loving him in a year....not that we will make the playoffs but we will be a lot better
    That's why I'm trying to stay neutral

I will be first to jump on the bandwagon if he does well. I still hold hope.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

i like the dusty baker signing, i think he's a quality manager, and he'll do a fine job.

I wanted a guy who has won with less, not a guy who has lost with more.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    i like the dusty baker signing, i think he's a quality manager, and he'll do a fine job.
    We gotta look at it this way, stay positive and look at the overall picture. We did go out and get a big name guy who has won in the past.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Just curious, on what basis are you making the claim "but we will be a lot better"?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

On the basis that for some time we have had managers who could not manage a game...Baker has PROVEN he can manage a game.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

On the basis that for some time we have had managers who could not manage a game...Baker has PROVEN he can manage a game.
    More curiousity-because he has an overall winning record or because you like his in-game moves? If the latter, what in particular impresses you? Frankly, I've never seen it but I'm biased because I despised him as a player and despised him as a manager.
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

ORG Infidel

I was not impressed with the choice but I am not a baseball GM. I am taking a wait and see approach to Baker. I was glad to see the organization go outside to bring someone in.

Turn Off Ads?