Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

It tooks the Jets all of 3 plays to go 79 yards and score a TD onthe Bengals defense.

This is seriously one of the worst defenses I've ever seen.

I think losing has made it's was back into the Bengal culture. They had one winning season. That's it. We're in for a lot more years of bad football. Better just hunker down and learn to live with it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Another LMAO at the Bengals Thread

Carson intercepted at his own 25.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Carson intercepted at his own 25.
    He had some help from TJ on that INT.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    He had some help from TJ on that INT.
    Ahh, thanks I didn't see it (following game on GameCenter)

In the history of the Bengals, have they ever has a really good defense? I've been following them sing the mid-80s and they've never had one. When they've been good, they've always had a great offense. But the defense was always a liability.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Offensive holding AND intentional grounding to ensure the Bungles get no points before halftime...

was there booing as the team left the field? I've got to think there was...

The defense of the eighties wasn't shabby. They were never known as a defensive team, particularly, but I always thought the D they put together under Gregg was pretty darned good.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

They may struggle to get to 4-12.

Heck, I'm near the point of rooting for that so they can get Glenn Dorsey.

The clock management at the end of the half was a firable offense if our owner had any guts. To take that timeout into the locker room is a freaking joke. At least call a timeout and set up a hail mary attempt instead of trying to rush everything and not even get a legit attempt.

The coaching staff should be ashamed of the way they handled that drive, especially the final 8 seconds. Pitiful. Inexcusable.

And then to see Marvin trying to take a timeout instead of the 10 second runoff was another joke. He waited too long - call a timeout with time on the clock, not with zeros on it.

It's a shame that such bushleague decisions happen to a supposed professional team.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    They may struggle to get to 4-12.

Heck, I'm near the point of rooting for that so they can get Glenn Dorsey.
    Glenn Dorsey has talent and plays hard - the Bengals don't like that combination. Either be a Justin Smith - try hard, but have little talent or a Mathius Askew - good physical talent, but little effort or intelligence - and you'll fit right it.

No way do they take a player as good as Dorsey. They'll probably go for another running back anway.

I've been a big Marvin supporter all along, but one thing is certain from any watching of the Bengals this year, this is a VERY poorly coached team.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    The clock management at the end of the half was a firable offense if our owner had any guts. To take that timeout into the locker room is a freaking joke. At least call a timeout and set up a hail mary attempt instead of trying to rush everything and not even get a legit attempt.

The coaching staff should be ashamed of the way they handled that drive, especially the final 8 seconds. Pitiful. Inexcusable.

And then to see Marvin trying to take a timeout instead of the 10 second runoff was another joke. He waited too long - call a timeout with time on the clock, not with zeros on it.

It's a shame that such bushleague decisions happen to a supposed professional team.
    They would have had more time on the clock if TJ didn't make the Bengals use a timeout when he could have just went out of bounds to stop the clock.

Not only is Marvin Lewis one of the worst coaches in the league, apparently he is deaf as well.

Him trying to call a timeout right after the ref said that they are going to run 10 seconds off the clock when there is one second left is downright embarrassing.

How many times in a row can an opponent complete the quick slant before someone on the Bengals coaching staff realizes they can stop that by playing press coverage?

Have they played press coverage once all year?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    In the history of the Bengals, have they ever has a really good defense? I've been following them sing the mid-80s and they've never had one. When they've been good, they've always had a great offense. But the defense was always a liability.
    In 1983, the defense was 1st in the NFL.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/cinindex.htm

Turn Off Ads?