Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castellini, Krivsky, Baker to be on with Cunningham

Castellini, Krivsky, Baker to be on with Cunningham

I will post updates
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Castellini, Krivsky, Baker to be on with Cunningham

Castellini:

Player compensation will be substantially higher this coming season

No comment on Adam Dunn, until the option is decided

Will not go after Bonds

Pitching will be addressed

The desire to win is greater now than it was two years ago when he took over

He didn't like the Cubs fans filling the stands the last series, he wants the organization to make sure those seats are full of red. It was a shot across the bow.

Kind of threw Narron under the bus, for the losses this season.

Baker is a proven winner
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    He didn't like the Cubs fans filling the stands the last series, he wants the organization to make sure those seats are full of red.

They are already full of red. Now we need some of our fans to sit in them.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Pitching was addressed last offseason. How are they going to do it differently this time around?

I wonder how much higher the player compensation will go.

This is going to be a very interesting winter, that's for sure.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

I caught it at the tail end of the Blue being in those seats instead of Red. And how it was His/The teams responsibility that happened/happens and not the fans.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Baker is a proven winner
    You knew that one was coming.

Cunningham rips on those who "live in their mothers' basements, who rip Baker on blogs, about handling pitchers".

Castellini:

This is intriguing.

Pay attention to the open sky

Castellini:

Will not go after Bonds

Pitching will be addressed

The desire to win is greater now than it was two years ago when he took over

He didn't like the Cubs fans filling the stands the last series, he wants the organization to make sure those seats are full of red. It was a shot across the bow.

Kind of threw Narron under the bus, for the losses this season.

Baker is a proven winner
    That's actually fairly meaty stuff.

I like that he was pissed off by all the Cubs fans at the GAB. Carl Lindner would have wondered why no one sent him the memo that everyone would be wearing blue.

He snuffed any potential Bonds rumors.

We're going to be getting some new pitchers (quality undetermined) and Castellini's made it clear that he's willing to put his (team's) money where his mouth is.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Baker:

The reasons he chose Cincinnati
    1.Cincinnati wanted him.
    2. He liked what Castellini and Krivsky had to say
    3. Chance to win in the division
    4. Talked to his buddies, including Bill Walsh (before he died) about the city
    5. His wife likes the Reds growing up

Baker was told that the Reds would spend "relative" money to put a winner on the field.

It's official, this ain't your Grandpappys Reds anymore. And I'm strangely comfortable with it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Baker:

He will pick his own coaches, looks to retain some coaches (my guess Dick Pole)

Bakers thoughts on GABP's configuration, it is difficult, but you must get pitchers who are not intimidated to pitch there.

over the last month I have become concerned that there is a decent chance they decline the option ... and every day that goes it becomes more likely.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Baker:

Bonds probably will not play in Cincinnati next year. He says that they have Jr and Dunn, and somebody has to play CF

Bill Cunningham reminds Baker of Paul Harvey.

Baker:

He will pick his own coaches, looks to retain some coaches (my guess Dick Pole)

Bakers thoughts on GABP's configuration, it is difficult, but you must get pitchers who are not intimidated to pitch there.
    Well, looks like M2's was on the right track that Dusty is an opening salvo in going "all in" and making some bigger moves than previously to get the job done. Whether they make the right moves remains to be seen.

While I'm warry of Dusty pressuring batters to swing over-agressvley at the plate, if he can target some pitchers for acqusition, along with create a culture wherby pitchers become more agressive on the mound, that's a good thing. Perhaps a very good thing. For too long, the only pitcher on the mound with any sac was Harrang, with Weathers, Arroyo and Everyday Eddie in 2nd place.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Turn Off Ads?