Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: XM or Sirius

Re: XM or Sirius

They are likely to be bought up by either DirecTV or Dish in the not too distant future, very cheaply.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

XM is no longer carrying WLW.

http://700wlw.com/main.html
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    XM is no longer carrying WLW.

http://700wlw.com/main.html
    This really hurts!

Between this and the changes to my favorite music channels since the merger, I'm finding it harder to justify sending this company more money. :thumbdown
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    This really hurts!

Between this and the changes to my favorite music channels since the merger, I'm finding it harder to justify sending this company more money. :thumbdown
    Its tough for me because while I am in Indianapolis and usually can get good reception all around Indy for WLW but for some reason I cannot pick up WLW from my home. I am thinking it may have to do with the altitude where I live so thats why XM is a must in my house. I still can get the Reds games on XM but no more WLW. I may look into wifi radio.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Haunted by walks

I am thinking it may have to do with the altitude where I live so thats why XM is a must in my house.
    I've been to Indiana and I don't remember it having any altitude ...

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I've been to Indiana and I don't remember it having any altitude ...

I guess I live in a hole which gives me bad reception.

I may look into wifi radio.
    I have a wifi radio and WLW (along with most stations owned by Clear Channel) doesn't work on it.

For home use and music, IMO the wifi radio is definitely a better option than XM.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 03-08-2009 at 10:05 AM.
    /r/reds

I had to give up XM because of finances before the changes. I've been really missing it, but it sounds like they've made so many changes I might not recognize it. I notices they took off Fred, Ethel, Lucy and Fungus, which were my favorites. Is it really worth signing up again, or has Sirius destroyed the XM side of things?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I have a wifi radio and WLW (along with most stations owned by Clear Channel) doesn't work on it.
    Can you pick up reds games on wifi?

What wifi do you recommend?

Couldn't you subscribe to the mlb radio package and get it through your wifi radio? I am not sure (not familiar with wifi radio) but it could be something looking in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I had to give up XM because of finances before the changes. I've been really missing it, but it sounds like they've made so many changes I might not recognize it. I notices they took off Fred, Ethel, Lucy and Fungus, which were my favorites. Is it really worth signing up again, or has Sirius destroyed the XM side of things?
    The music converted to Sirius programming. I was hopelessly addicted to Ethel and really missed it after the conversion since Alt Nation played more mainstream stuff. A few weeks after the conversion, Alt Nation shifted their programming and now they are an Ethel clone.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    Couldn't you subscribe to the mlb radio package and get it through your wifi radio? I am not sure (not familiar with wifi radio) but it could be something looking in to.
    That is what I am hoping to do.

But I have next to no knowledge on wifi radio so I wonder how hard it would be to turn from regular wifi radio to the MLB package.

I got my radio in November, so I haven't had owned it during baseball season. I have read that it may be possible to listen to games if an affiliate forgets to shut off their stream during a game.

I have the Grace Wireless Internet Radio ITC-IR-1000. Grace just introduced 5 new models.

http://www.gracedigitalaudio.com/gra...1000-p-11.html

It works through the Reciva web site. Reciva supplies the infrastructure and maintains the directory of streams. There are other manufacturers whose radios use Reciva, but Grace was the first brand sold in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanfalcon View Post
    I have read in the Reciva forum that this doesn't work. Knowing how the authentication process works for MLB radio and that there's no support for entering a username and password to listen to a stream, I'm sure that it wouldn't work.
    /r/reds

Satellite Radio XM 173 (WLW) No Longer Available

Instead of getting a WiFi radio, stream WLW through the internet and use this in the house. You will plug the FM Transmitter into the PC speaker. You will then be able to tune any FM radio matching up to the FM transmitter. I have it. I am disappointed not having NO STATIC WLW in the truck any more though.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...988#ps-sellers

I placed this in another thread but thought it was appropiate here.

I did email this person at clear channel asking why this happened. It does not hurt to notify them of your displeasure. Let's have Sanda have a few emails when she arrives on Monday morning.

Radio
    Sanda Coyle
    Phone: 1-210-822-2828
    Email: sandacoyle@clearchannel.com

http://www.clearchannel.com/Corporat...=1169&p=hidden
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

My XM subscription expires in April and I really am thinking about letting it lapse...especially with the loss of WLW and just the overall decline in XM and its programming lately, the only thing that makes me hesitate is the MLB coverage, and even that has went downhill lately...

Turn Off Ads?