Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Man-Date

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Man-Date

Has anybody been watching Caveman and Carpoolers on tuesday nights? I must admit these are starting to grow on me, especially Carpoolers. In any event, I was just curious what everybody else thought of these shows.
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Man-Date

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Has anybody been watching Caveman and Carpoolers on tuesday nights? I must admit these are starting to grow on me, especially Carpoolers. In any event, I was just curious what everybody else thought of these shows.

My wife told me that "Caveman" was a very funny show. I watched it for a good 20 minutes last night and asked her "so just when does the funny parts start" ?? We switched to the baseball game.
    Last edited by George Anderson; 10-17-2007 at 09:23 AM.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

We tried to watch Caveman last night... gotta agree with George on this one, kept waiting for the funny. Switched to the game and had lots of fun.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I've watched two episodes of Caveman and haven't laughed once. Not good for a comedy.

As for Carpoolers, I watched it for the first time last night and found it entertaining.

Carpoolers is mildly entertaining.
    Caveman...it is like watching the commercials, but much longer. And, now, not as original.
    I watched the first two episodes - last night lost easily to baseball. It will probably end up being a "guess there is nothing else on" type show.

I set my DVR for Cavemen and told all my friends that I was going to watch all the episodes and become the expert on this disaster of a sitcom.

I couldn't make it even 10 minutes into the first episode. Utter crap.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I tried watching Cavemen and realized a 20 second commercial is pretty funny...a 30 minute TV show is not.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I haven't watched Cavemen because I fear one-joke comedies. If it sticks around, I might give it a shot.

I'm a big fan of Fred Goss, who plays Gracen on Carpoolers, so I was looking forward to that show ever since I heard about it in the spring. I've been a little disappointed in Carpoolers because it's not nearly as funny as Fred's last effort, Sons and Daughters. S&D was mostly improv and it was a laugh riot, while Carpoolers seems mostly scripted and is good for a few chuckles.
    /r/reds

Jerry O'Connell just plays the same character in every show he's on, gave Carpoolers two shows and bailed out, Cavemen I'm just watching because I want to make sure I see all of the episode before it's killed off.
    Go Gators!

Bring back Police Squad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Bring back Police Squad!!!
    In Color
    Go Gators!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I'm waiting for the baseball to be over to get back to HOUSE M.D. on Fox.

The whole family's a fan.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    In Color

Beat me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?