Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Moss was the only receiver on his team, while Chad shared TD's with Henry and Housh the past 4 years.

Who got more yards?
    Cris Carter wasn't too bad either.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    Wow. How many times to your hear a player say that he'll not make a display? Johnson saying it is even more shocking.

Celebrations are a pretty controversial topic in sports. I wish there were less of them, actually. While watching a football game the other week, a defensive lineman made a tackle for a loss on 2nd Down and went about his celebration. On the next play (3rd and long), the defense gave up the first down. I thought that if he was going to celebrate, he should have waited until they finished the job!!
    Exactly. I can understand the adrenalin rush that players have during the game. That, and the emotionalism, has been around a long time. Growing up I watched some of the biggest hitters in the game. From Butkus to Lambert. They did their job and didn't need to celebrate and call attention to themselves with these "It's all about me!" antics.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Exactly. I can understand the adrenalin rush that players have during the game. That, and the emotionalism, has been around a long time. Growing up I watched some of the biggest hitters in the game. From Butkus to Lambert. They did their job and didn't need to celebrate and call attention to themselves with these "It's all about me!" antics.
    I really don't think it's about adrenalin. I think it has more to do with the persons attitude. Plain and simple, Chad has a me, me, me attitude. I usto pass it off, as most Bengal fans did, as being a player who just wanted to have fun, but he has lost all of my confidence. Why does it take antics to be the best? If Chad would shut his mouth for a while, his play would do all the talking.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I think Chad Johnson polarizes a lot of people outside the organization to the degree that they automatically look to him when the Bengals have issues. I don't think Chad's the real problem. I've heard that he's actually a good team guy and works hard with the other guys. Sometimes he gets a little distracted, but not to the degree that people want to make it out to be. To paraphrase Bobcat Goldthwait, blaming Chad Johnson for the Bengals' woes is like blaming Ronald McDonald when you get a bad cheeseburger. He doesn't run the company. Now that he's gotten slapped upside the head in the press, he'll probably do what he always does and sit down with Carson to work on getting back on the same page.

I think the problem is that Marvin Lewis never really completed the job of weeding out the bad attitudes and I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the bad attitudes are ones who people actually believe to be the "right" kind of guys. For example, I've been skeptical of Big Willie since last year. Pro Bowl talent, but some of the things he says in the media just strike me as odd. There may be something to it when Corey Dillon called him out when he was leaving town. Rudi Johnson has raised red flags as well. TJ Houshmanzadeh is a hard worker, but he also has a mean streak that reminds me of Carl Pickens or Corey Dillon. If the team doesn't turn it around, I can see him becoming poisonous. Levi Jones, we've heard about. Justin Smith, I'm wondering about him too. Watch what these guys say and how they handle things in the next few weeks.

And if you want to see guys quit on plays, look no further than the defense. Seems like a lot of big plays have been given up because guys guess wrong and then give up on the play once they're out of position. The first and foremost problem with this team is that defense. They need to work on getting players on defense who will at least finish the play first. Then they need to work on them staying in position. It's like they've not progressed at all since Marvin took over.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Guess Chad changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Guess Chad changed his mind.
    Thats why the Bengals wont win until they get rid of him. Chad puts himself above the team.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Thats why the Bengals wont win until they get rid of him. Chad puts himself above the team.
    Gave the Titans the ball at their own 45 yard line...

thanks Chad, really funny celebration.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Gave the Titans the ball at their own 45 yard line...

thanks Chad, really funny celebration.
    What did he do

How stupid is that ref... how can you be a referee in the NFL and EVER say something like, "Replay 3rd down" after there are off-setting dead ball personal fouls.

Just dumb.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Whoever is doing commentary just had the last part of his sentence broadcast over the air.

He said: "USC Thugs"

They came back, it looked like, early from the break. He was probably saying, "Lendale White is another one of those USC thugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    What did he do
    Scored a touchdown and then jumped up on the camera stand and pretended like he was controlling the video camera

Boomer Esiason calling Chad Johnson stupid and selfish.

Cowher agreeing.

Cowher: The Kid just doesn't get it.

Wow that celebration leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Perfect microcosm of the Bungles.

And did you see Marvin?

He laughed it off and slapped Chad on his rear-end.

I wish Marty Schottenheimer had been on the sidelines instead.

He'd have popped a blood vessel.

The Bengals are probably out of the playoffs and Chad is taking celebration penalties. Awesome.

Turn Off Ads?