Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

Re: Chad: I'm done celebrating TD's until the Bengals get back to .500

Maybe it's just me, but I thought the camera guy thing was pretty funny. Almost as funny as Buerlein getting caught talking about "USC thugs."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I thought the camera guy thing was pretty funny.
    That's SO not the point.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    That's SO not the point.
    Sure it is. All this talk about getting penalized when they're out of the hunt is making a big fuss over nothing, if you ask me. If they were in the middle of a playoff hunt and he was getting penalized 15 yards, I'd be MUCH more outraged.

In fact, losing games is probably more beneficial than winning them. Not to say they should be trying to lose, but save the indignation for when this stuff actually matters.

For a Level Playing Field

Not defending what Chad did (which was no big deal), but...

It is not a penalty to jump in the crowd (Lambeau Leap) and hang there for 10 seconds while fans pat you. However, jumping on a TV stand for 3 seconds gets a 15-yarder. What is the difference (other than about 7 seconds add'l celebration for the NON-penalty)? The NFL needs a REAL rule. Quit with the judgement crap. Call taunting the opponent.

That's SO not the point.
    I'm sure Marvin was willing to take the penalty in order to get Chad's confidence up. He has been in a slump, but I do agree that when you are under .500, you don't need to be celebrating.

I seriously look for Chad to be dealt this offseason.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Sure it is. All this talk about getting penalized when they're out of the hunt is making a big fuss over nothing, if you ask me. If they were in the middle of a playoff hunt and he was getting penalized 15 yards, I'd be MUCH more outraged.

In fact, losing games is probably more beneficial than winning them. Not to say they should be trying to lose, but save the indignation for when this stuff actually matters.
    It's about principles. Something the Bengal franchise hasn't had in a long time.

Wonder if the people who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on this team every year would be so 'c'est la vie' about taking boneheaded penalties just because the Bengals are "out of it."

You don't get "out of it" without losing games. You don't get "back into it" by allowing a me-first philosophy by your supposed team leaders.

Wonder if the people who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on this team every year would be so 'c'est la vie' about taking boneheaded penalties just because the Bengals are "out of it."
    Don't know, but I really don't care either. They're entitled to their opinion. I found it funny, and entertaining in a season largely devoid of both. Figured I'd be in the minority on this, but I really don't see the need for the outrage this will surely spark.

Don't know, but I really don't care either. They're entitled to their opinion. I found it funny, and entertaining in a season largely devoid of both. Figured I'd be in the minority on this, but I really don't see the need for the outrage this will surely spark.
    Yanno, in a vacuum, you're right, Screwball.

To me, it's just another example of why this team is the exact 180 degree opposite of a team like the Patriots.

Character matters in football, IMO. If everyone isn't clearly pulling in the same direction, you're never going to reach the highest levels of success.

Kenny Watson > Rudi Johnson

DeDe Dorsey > Rudi Johnson.

Agree with Screwball. Thought it was a funny celebration.

This team is dead not because of CJ's actions or attitude, but because the Defense is terrible and the FO is operating in a 1950's mold.

I say lighten up and enjoy watching one of the best receivers in the league do his thing.

Yanno, in a vacuum, you're right, Screwball.

To me, it's just another example of why this team is the exact 180 degree opposite of a team like the Patriots.

Character matters in football, IMO. If everyone isn't clearly pulling in the same direction, you're never going to reach the highest levels of success.
    Fair enough, I can agree with this. I think you're more looking at Chad's antic as being emblematic of a much larger "ME-FIRST" attitude that plagues the Bengals, whereas I'm just not conerned about a 15 yard penalty in a game that doesn't matter.

While there has been lots of talk about problems with attitudes throughout the clubhouse, my guess is if we had more than 1 or 2 healthy LBers from week 1 and a secondary playing like they weren't allergic to footballs, we probably wouldn't hear too much about the problem that is Chad Johnson.

Fair enough, I can agree with this. I think you're more looking at Chad's antic as being emblematic of a much larger "ME-FIRST" attitude that plagues the Bengals, whereas I'm just not conerned about a 15 yard penalty in a game that doesn't matter.

While there has been lots of talk about problems with attitudes throughout the clubhouse, my guess is if we had more than 1 or 2 healthy LBers from week 1 and a secondary playing like they weren't allergic to footballs, we probably wouldn't hear too much about the problem that is Chad Johnson.
    I agree with you.

Yeah and how funny was it hearing Buerlein talk about "USC THUGS"

Interesting, Beuerlein is from Hollywood, CA and went to Notre Dame. Wonder why he doesn't like USC?

Turn Off Ads?